speedysmartypants

ROTREX GONE R32 IN page 3

please dont think i'm telling you what to do mate. :)

but you can safely run the rotrex upto 10psi with out the need for water injection, i did with my vortech for 18months. you also dont need an uprated fuel pump for 10psi, and i believe that storm use the (cheap) saab turbo injectors for there rotrex chargers. but there was a 2nd hand devils own water injection system for sale on ed38 about a week ago, i'm sure the guy only wanted £100 for it.

karl

Car looks good, real good. I understand what others are saying about the front lights and although I prefer stock ones, I like em and are growing on me. I saw the brakes you bought, look huge, have you got them on yet? be interested to know how they feel when you do.

KADVR6 mabye i'll try just injectors then. i want to get a few different gauges so i can see adzactly whats going on before i up it though. thanks for the advice mate.

PROVR6 cheers mate. i cant put the brakes on yet cos i need 17 inch alloys and probally spacers to fit them. next months mod!

You will not hear the air filter at all anymore, you loose all the induction noise when you bolt a blower on!

NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What made you go for the 84 and not the 94?

i just went for the basic kit. i think i might be happy with 260bhp. may go to 300ish later but cant see me going for more. didnt think i need the 94. i saw andy's car there and when i saw the engine bay i thought it was yours at first. looked simular to your avator

After having my car off the road for most of last year she's now back on again. I finally finished doing an R32 conversion last month. At the same time i added kw v3's, audi tt brakes new alloy's and a gearbox with shorter final drive. She still needs a bit of tweeking. The cold starts arnt great and theres a couple of flat spots to sort out. She made 289bhp and theres more to squeeze out of her yet prob 300. Really pleased with the engine and power but not sure about the gearbox as 5th gear is now useless for daily commuting on the motorway. Heres a few pics, their not great i'll post some more soon and maybe a video or two so you can here what she sounds like.

Book1.pdf17012010540.jpg[/attachment:24qqwnwn]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf17012010541.jpg[/attachment:24qqwnwn]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf17012010542.jpg[/attachment:24qqwnwn]

ETKA Corrado.pdf17012010543.jpg[/attachment:24qqwnwn]

Corrado92.pdf17012010545.jpg[/attachment:24qqwnwn]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf17012010546.jpg[/attachment:24qqwnwn]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf17012010547.jpg[/attachment:24qqwnwn]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf17012010548.jpg[/attachment:24qqwnwn]

17012010549.jpg[/attachment:24qqwnwn]

Looking very nice with the R32 in. Erm.... think we missed having a few updates along the way :nuts:

Good work 8)

Great. :notworthy: Im going to use Emerald K3 on my conversion too. Can you share some info? For example how did you wired vvc to ecu,what setup etc. Id like to also know what is the throttle body you using? Thanks in advance

sorry for lack of updates been lazy. wiring was simple, i got storm developments to do it so sorry i cant offer any advice there. throttle body was from an old 3.0L v6 alfa romeo. i got it off ebay for about £40. you have to make up a bracket for the cable and also storm changed the position sensor on it but i cant remember what that was off. some other tips are its easier and cheaper using a golf mk4 engine. you can use some bits from the vr6 like oil cooler and power steering pump. use the rear engine mount bracket from a vr6 and shave some off so the engine sits flat, dont need to mod the front mount. its all quiet straight forward apart from the wiring which is why i didnt do that bit.

very cool man. all these people saying its straight forward make me wanna have a go.. shame its 100++ miles to storm or anywhere that could sort out the rest..

very cool man. all these people saying its straight forward make me wanna have a go.. shame its 100++ miles to storm or anywhere that could sort out the rest..

cheers man. im like 50 miles from storm and paid £150 to get it there on a lowloader. wouldnt cost you much more. just remembered that the fans had to be changed for slimline ones aswell.

great stuff, I really like the front too, think everyone else may have funny glasses on?? My first thoughts when you mentioned black rims was that it would be too dark but they look good. Think it would look better on some split rims tho with polished outer and black centres.

Putting a lot of cash in to this beasty! How come you went for kw v3's instead of 1's? I dont know the diff...

great stuff, I really like the front too, think everyone else may have funny glasses on?? My first thoughts when you mentioned black rims was that it would be too dark but they look good. Think it would look better on some split rims tho with polished outer and black centres.

Putting a lot of cash in to this beasty! How come you went for kw v3's instead of 1's? I dont know the diff...

split rims would look nice but i went for the team dynamics as they are light weight and help turn in. the v3's are bump and rebound adjustable so i can customise them to suit the roads i drive. yes lots of money has gone into her. had her for 3 or 4 years and she now owes me £14000, most of which i would never see again if i sold her.

Looking good mate. Are you running any mods to get that power output? Mine got 278bhp which I thought was good standard. You using a standalone ECU or standard management? I'm just using standard.

You mentioned a couple of flat spots, that seems to be a common thing with this conversion, what's yours like? I have a big flat spot at about 2k rpm everywhere else is fine but if I'm ~2k rpm and put my foot down it feels like its choking for air but then it will get some power and off it goes as normal.

Looking good mate. Are you running any mods to get that power output? Mine got 278bhp which I thought was good standard. You using a standalone ECU or standard management? I'm just using standard.

You mentioned a couple of flat spots, that seems to be a common thing with this conversion, what's yours like? I have a big flat spot at about 2k rpm everywhere else is fine but if I'm ~2k rpm and put my foot down it feels like its choking for air but then it will get some power and off it goes as normal.

thanks mate. im using emerald k3 standalone, cda filter and full dubpower system. andy at storm said they seem to make more power the more miles they do. mine had apperently done 30k. struggling to get my foot down at the mo in 2nd gear so dont know bout flat spots there but in 3rd,4th and 5th they vary. 3rd gear flat spot is between 2.5k rpm untill just past 3k. 4th gear its 3k to 3.5k and 5th gear its 3.5k to 4k. if i knew what i was doing i would get the emerald software and have a go myself. once i get some dry weather and time to properly drive the car, i will write down adsactly where the flat spots are and take it to storm for some more rolling road mapping. im not sure weather its overfueling or underfueling but it just seems to suddenly feel like it being choked as you say and then back to normal. what are your cold starts like with standard ecu. i have to let mine warm up for about 5 mins and it stalls the first few start attempts. does yours like driving slow? mine doesnt.

Have you got a wideband Lambda in your car and is it controlling the fuelling (Closed loop)?

If you can record Lambda History with the Emerald, I would log it and see what the engine is doing when you put your foot down at 2.5K.

I suspect the cam and intake adjustments will be having their biggest effect around that rpm, so you'll need to make sure the fuelling isn't going too lean at that point.

Have you got a wideband Lambda in your car and is it controlling the fuelling (Closed loop)?

If you can record Lambda History with the Emerald, I would log it and see what the engine is doing when you put your foot down at 2.5K.

I suspect the cam and intake adjustments will be having their biggest effect around that rpm, so you'll need to make sure the fuelling isn't going too lean at that point.

now i can look thick infront of everyone :wave:. i have whatever the standard vr6 lamba is and i assume that is what is controlling the fuelling. i have no air mass sensor. i dont have the emerald software so i cant look to see if it can be recorded. i'll have a look on the net to see if i can download it from somewhere. thanks for the advice.

now i can look thick infront of everyone :wave:. i have whatever the standard vr6 lamba is and i assume that is what is controlling the fuelling. i have no air mass sensor. i dont have the emerald software so i cant look to see if it can be recorded. i'll have a look on the net to see if i can download it from somewhere. thanks for the advice.

Not at all mate, we all have to start somewhere.

The standard VR6 lambda is a 'narrowband' type. It's unusual to fuel an engine with narrowband these days in the Standalone market, so they might have mapped your engine 'Open loop' (no lambda control). Personally I would be using Wideband to fuel the R32 engine, but I guess you got the whole lot as a package from Storm?

You can download the Emerald software from their website, install it onto a laptop, connect to the ECU and then read the maps. Just depends if Storm locked it with a pin code or not.

If you want to learn this stuff, I can certainly guide you through it :D