Sign in to follow this  
VRev6

Caught Speeding :-(

I got caught speeding the other night which i'm not happy :x about but hey Sh*t happens thats the risk ya take buying a VR!! :)

Anyway, i have a question about the Morpheous Geodesy speed camera detector, i got caught by a camera on roadworks on the M6 doing 65 in a 50mph :oops: , does anybody know if these mobile cameras are in it's database when you update it???

S*** not good news mate, I've got points for speeding a while ago, insurance didn't go up either?

I'll make sure I slow down going past them on the wkend..

it was a bit stupid of me cos there were signs everywhere but i dont believe every speed camera sign i see these days there are too many about.

ive done the same speed before thru roadworks on motorways before and never been caught so i thought i'd be ok!! :x ah well, you live and learn don't you!! :oops:

gotta get a morpheous!!! :D :D :D

65 in a 50 is nothing. a lad in here got caught doing 86mph in a 50mph road works limit on the M62, he got 6 points and a £400 fine.

I got pulled in the summer doing 132.35mph on the M18. I got a 42 day ban and £500 fine, no points.

You should get 3 points and a £60 fine and nothing more.

One of them things mate.. when they were doing roadworks on the M25 near J27 M11 there was cameras there, I got flashed but never received anything in the post :?

I have a rador detector, nothing flash, but it does the job... :D

I got pulled in the summer doing 132.35mph on the M18. I got a 42 day ban and £500 fine, no points.

that was lucky where abouts were you? i thought it was an instant (for more than 42 days anyway) ban for going over 100mph.

i'd have been well chuffed at a 42 day ban and £500 fine :D i'd have expected alot more than that for doing 132mph!!

The GPS detectors can only store fixed Gatsos, Truvelos and SPECs in their maps, which is why most of them also come with laser alerts, which are for those annoying Bar Stewards sitting on flyovers in their white "Safety Van" and hand-helds.

Kev

I've been looking at the morpheous and the road angel with radar? i think its gotta be the road angel, for £339 and the morpheous is £259, so for an extra £80 i get a radar detector as well. :D :D

what do u guys reckon??

I think it just depends on the copper who catches you at speeds greater than 100MPH.. a mate of mine was caught doing about 110MPH with 4 people in his naff old Mazda 323 some years ago (his first car) - all he got was a producer and a talking to.

Just the luck of the draw I spose!! :)

have you had the N.I.P yet because some of the roadworks cameras have no film in and just flash

No not yet it only happened on tuesday night, so hopefully it did just flash!!!! :)

I was done the other month for doing 82 in 70!!! not a happy bunny, got the normal 3 points and a 60 quid fine, but if it happens again i'm not going to sign that piece of paper they send you and just send it back blank.

I got caught at 71 in a 30, stupid 30 zone too, no houses or anything, just straight road.

Got the form through confirming I was driving etc, then waited for the court summons....... and it never came, they have 6 months to prosicute, and this was in January :D

got gripped 2 weeks later doing 81 on a dual carriage though, that cost me 3 points and over 200 quid in total, once the insurance etc had gone up :(

I've been looking at the morpheous and the road angel with radar? i think its gotta be the road angel, for £339 and the morpheous is £259, so for an extra £80 i get a radar detector as well. :D :D

what do u guys reckon??

£339 for the RA? That's come down in price recently then....

It should come with a laser ball which fits on the windscreen. This is for handheld and mobile laser telemetary cameras. The main unit takes car of fixed cameras based on GPS maps.

It's won lots of awards and is generally recognised as one of the best.

K

that was lucky where abouts were you? i thought it was an instant (for more than 42 days anyway) ban for going over 100mph.

i'd have been well chuffed at a 42 day ban and £500 fine :D i'd have expected alot more than that for doing 132mph!!

M18, northbound, bramley. I was facing a £2500 maximum fine, and a totalt revocation of my license for anything up to a year (meaning I'd have to resit my test when the ban was up). So I had to fork out £600 for a top barrister to assist me. Worth every penny ! :p