Sign in to follow this  
Henny

RS2 Style PLASTIC front bumpers...

Hi All!

Well, in my relentless search for a plastic (not fibreglass!) front RS2 style bumper I've searched high and low all over the internet... and I've just found out that Venom (only 20 miles from where I work! :roll: ) can now get hold of complete ones from Reiger rather than the older style ones that had to be bonded onto the original bumper... :D

I've just ordered mine (£275 8) ) and it should be here in a couple of weeks... I'll let you know what the quality of it is like as this is the first one that Venom's supplied, and I'll document anything interesting in this thread... 8)

Keep watching! 8)

Cool keep us posted Henny been after a plastic one myself as I dont do fibreglass anymore they're always a pain in the RS to get them to fit right!!

I hope you don't think I'm dissing fibreglass bumpers cheesy, It's just that I've had problems with fibreglass panels in the past and didn't want to risk it on my C... 8)

You car looks great and it's obvious that you've spent time, effort and money on it to get the result you want.

It's a personal thing that I know a few other people here were feeling the same about with the plastic and fibreglass thing... 8)

'nana man, Don't worry, I'll keep updating here (and my gallery!) when I get the bumper... 8)

Cheers Alex, :roll:

Don't worry about it mate, I've not been searching that hard to be honest... I'd pretty much given up until I just called Venom about something else and asked out of interest... :? :lol:

Thanks for your info from a while ago though, that was really useful. 8)

But the intercooler I want won't fit behind a standard one, and my original one is knackered anyway...

I think it's an personal thing if you like 'em or not... Personally I REALLY like the original look of the C, but I also like the slightly meaner, more agressive look of the RS2 front bumper... 8)

Each to their own, I suppose...

The grill and Spoiler they have on offer is only £72 yet Venom charge £110, what's the difference? and which one is better quality?

Cheers,

Baz. :?

The grill and Spoiler they have on offer is only £72 yet Venom charge £110, what's the difference? and which one is better quality?

Cheers,

Baz. :?

Baz rieger products are very excelent quality and cant fault them

Phat Vr u wont like my car is you like the standard look lol :p

Thanks aposegil,

In friday mode, so took the plunge again and invested in my money pit for the umpteenth time and bought the Reiger eyebrow spoiler and grill. Hope its easy to install, and it fits my '91 C.

Baz.

Leave the stock one on, RS bumpers stink.

I agree, maybe I would change that black thin plastic line to another one

Well, it's arrived at Venom this morning... and I'll pick it up on Saturday... 8)

Photos will be here afterwards :wink: :D

['H3R4POR]good luck mate, should keep you busy for a while ;)

Thera

From what Richard at Venom's said, it's a straight swap with the original plastic bumper, just take the plastic off the irons, and fit the new one... :D 8) That's why I wanted it... It should fit well too being a Reiger item... 8)

ahhh, what "Richard" said ;)

I'll still look forward to hearing the adventure you have fitting it ;)

Thera

Dave - I think you'll find that bumper is a prototype of Zarman's (of Dubdesign Industries) intended design, rather than a Reiger product. There is a long thread about its appearance, etc on the vortex forum somewhere. Also offers an explanation of why its lop-sided.

David

ahhh, was just a convient link from another thread, and the bumper looked very similar to the reiger one on the venom site, so I assume they were one in the same :(

Thera

AFAIK Reiger's not released photos or a catalogue with details of this bumper yet so I can't point you in the direction of it... :?

']['H3R4POR, It's definately NOT that bumper... :?

The closest one I can find is the GRP (fiberglass) one on the Venom site...