Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

MOT booked for Monday!

I'm afraid I'm with bcstudent - I detest steelies on the Corrado. Nothing personal mate! :)

I'm afraid I'm with bcstudent - I detest steelies on the Corrado. Nothing personal mate! :)

i have to agree.

I saw a maroon and cream set today on a valver. :pukeright:

My eyes still ache.

I saw a maroon and cream set today on a valver. :pukeright:

My eyes still ache.

Oh dear. Doesn't sound very nice at all.

Blimey. Are you aware Jim, that's the second time this week you've agreed with me? It's a slippery slope.

Sonic... Try getting the bonnet macine polished, that will remove all the oxidisation of the paint, should help. Then just a matter of keeping on top of it using a good polish/sealer/wax combo...

As to the Steelies, I like tham TBH... maybe a different colour would help you love them again!

BJV do a Black Chrome or a high Sparkle silver, either would look good!

Ive got the same paint work as you mate,looks good in pics but in real life... :gag:

As for steels,ive never been a fan of them,its like downgrading your GTI to a CL :lol:

Get some rims....go on :tongue:

Think you should get some of these to match the paint and make Dinkus jealous:

1163.jpg

Mmmm, lovely.

Go get yer steelies painted mate, go for all black or red centres with polished lips? (i'm thinking of going orange!)

You guys are soooo cliquey! :wink: :lol: You're just picking on me because I'm the new boy. :lol:

I think I'm gonna keep the steelies as winter wheels and get some wicked alloys ready for the summer. :D Getting the steelies painted is a good idea. May look into that. As for the paintwork itself that may have to wait for summer 2010 when I can justify the expense and just keep on top of polishing it a la deviant.

Right onto what I spent my morning doing today. There were some requests for pictures in the headlight loom thread so thought I would oblige. Just to show you how non-scary the process is and why you should order one now before Zak gets bored of making them.

Here's the loom out of the jiffy bag:

a1tzy8.jpg

As you can see a very professional job! :D

Way more tools than are actually necessary:

5d2tu1.jpg

I decided to remove the battery completely and stick on charge in the corner of the garage (car has sat for a week and a half):

15hnzhv.jpg

Next job is get the headlights out. If you get stuck as to where the third screw is for the headlight it's down this hole!

14tqvps.jpg

By this point I needed to get in the warm and allow the feeling to return to my fingers:

2u5sy9d.jpg

This is a familiar sight for many of you. Bits of Corrado laid out on a garage floor:

dyuj6b.jpg

Connectors on the offside headlamp. Not sure what all the fuss about OEM connectors was all about :tongue: :

bf3o6e.jpg

And nearside:

67ryhd.jpg

Headlights back in place:

16m06d.jpg

Battery back in (be sure to tighten the clamp bolt to it's specified torque :dorky: ) and all that's left to do is get hold of some velcro sticky fixer doohickeys to fix the fuses and relays to the battery:

riyd1f.jpg

I can already see in daylight that the loom has made a vast improvement! :clap:

4uw5mo.jpg

So there you go. Well worth the £56. Anyone in the Suffolk area that would like a hand fitting one give me a shout. But it really is very easy, especially with Zak's instructions.

Even the pictures of yours actually make it look harder to do than it actually is lol. You routed the cables exactly the same as me too and tie wrapped in exactly the same place.

Cant wait to hear your reaction of the night time brightness on full beam.

Even the pictures of yours actually make it look harder to do than it actually is lol. You routed the cables exactly the same as me too and tie wrapped in exactly the same place.

Great minds think alike! :D

Cant wait to hear your reaction of the night time brightness on full beam.

Just went out to test my new lights in the dark and what a difference. Comparable to the lights on my 08 plate company car now. Brilliant. No more driving around with my face pressed up against the windscreen squinting to see anything! Was going to get some new bulbs but can't see any need to.

Just went out to test my new lights in the dark and what a difference. Comparable to the lights on my 08 plate company car now. Brilliant. No more driving around with my face pressed up against the windscreen squinting to see anything! Was going to get some new bulbs but can't see any need to.

Brilliant! I remember when I first fitted my loom. I really need to sort out my toss reflectors and lenses now, as they've degraded into pre loom days. :(

Yes Yes Yes!!!!!! You can help me do mine then. I brought one for the G60 but there was way to many wires so i didnt fit it. lol :scratch:

Yes Yes Yes!!!!!! You can help me do mine then. I brought one for the G60 but there was way to many wires so i didnt fit it. lol :scratch:

HaHAhAHaAhA sorry lol

HaHAhAHaAhA sorry lol

OI!!LOL Shut up or i will gwt you to do it!!! :D

No worries matey. It won't take long. We'll sort it out one Sunday.

No worries matey. It won't take long. We'll sort it out one Sunday.

Nice 1! :D :D

Good work on the loom, fitted mine today too, can't wait to be able to see on my way home from work tomorrow!

HaHAhAHaAhA sorry lol

OI!!LOL Shut up or i will gwt you to do it!!! :D

Lol a man of your chriteria it should be a :D doddle!

Excellent write up on the fittment Sonicriot13. :clap:

I agree - can't see what the OEM Connector fuss was about when the connectors provided appear to fit neatly without any cutting & splicing to OEM wiring?

Can anyone clarify on this point?

Yup I have the OEM's and wanted them just to provide a bit more Longevity/ weather resistance to the connectors, plus safe in the knowledge that they can't be bumped off by vibrations...

Peace of Mind really!

Other than that no difference! :grin:

Now All I need to do is get some Double sided hook and loop tape as my relays are TEMP. tie-wrapped to the top of the battery!

Sonic where did you route the wires behind the grille? on the slam panel or rad support panel?

Sonic where did you route the wires behind the grille? on the slam panel or rad support panel?

I decided to route mine thus:

2w53hw2.jpg

jjtszq.jpg

121x6dd.jpg

The main reason to do it this way was to minimise wiring in the bay. What I will do before I go on any long trips is snip off those cable ties and wrap some tape around the cable to further insulate it and then reattach. Probably unnecessary as the cables to the horns have survived almost 18 years in there. Plus all I need to do to check on everything is take the grille off.

In my rummaging I have also found some bare wires! :shock: They've either chaffed or melted on the rad. Looks like they have been like that for a long time but I can't leave them like that. I'll just worry.