Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

MOT booked for Monday!

I do love t*ts. :)

They're great aren't they. Corrados are pretty good too. :D

Seeing your car back together is spurring me on dude. Next summer is gonna be pretty cool with a rebuilt corrado to run around in. :cheers:

Seeing your car back together is spurring me on dude. Next summer is gonna be pretty cool with a rebuilt corrado to run around in. :cheers:

:) I prefer them to corrados to be fair.

Good. Always nice to have something to encourage you. There will be dark days ahead though... You'll have to come out for a go in the VR at some point.

:) I prefer them to corrados to be fair.

Good. Always nice to have something to encourage you. There will be dark days ahead though... You'll have to come out for a go in the VR at some point.

You're right, it won't all be plain sailing. The lessons learned from the Golf earlier this year are still very much fresh in my memory! :lol:

I'll definitely come down and see you at some point soon. We're going to Wales in the first week of October. Could probably call in on the way there or back. :D

Things are progressing really nicely. Dropped the sub frame, anti roll bar and front cross member off with the powder coaters today. Should get them back in a week's time. £75 for the whole lot which I thought was really good! 8) Also ordered new bolts for the sub frame and roll bar bushes. Should get those tomorrow as well as an engine stand. Lovin it!

sexy-teen-bikini.jpg

Which means I can work on the car! I plan to remove the last few things from the bay, tidy up the engine loom, clean up and paint the calipers, clean the bay, remove front struts and clean the wheel arches, and clean up and paint the hubs. Should be time for all that lot before I meet up with some friends in Ipswich for the afternoon. Got a bag full of replacement bolts ready for when the sub frame is back too. :D

I love Sundays! :luvlove:

Which means I can work on the car! I plan to remove the last few things from the bay, tidy up the engine loom, clean up and paint the calipers, clean the bay, remove front struts and clean the wheel arches, and clean up and paint the hubs. Should be time for all that lot before I meet up with some friends in Ipswich for the afternoon. Got a bag full of replacement bolts ready for when the sub frame is back too. :D

More pics please. :)

More pics please. :)

Mate, this my rebuild thread. Of course there will be pictures. Maybe even some pictures of my car! :lol:

I'd quite like to know who that is. :norty: :lol:

She's called 'Pure Dee' - clue is in the filename.

Google is your friend.. (if you turn off the Safe Search!)

Err, one of the Mods told me. Err, yeah, that's it.. :grin:

Didn't get as much done as I had hoped. But pleased with what I did get done. Started to clean up the arches and the bay. Not concourse by any stretch but a vast improvement. Here are some pictures:

2ykx9aq.jpg

6gf0cm.jpg

So.... This is my life.... Again.... :( :lol:

sqghox.jpg

ormcqp.jpg

stephanie-pratt-beach-ball.jpg

n1b6kw.jpg

169hu76.jpg

33coug4.jpg

BehindTheUnderwear.jpg

More evidence of an accident on the back of the offside wing. I'm guessing B/SHOP means bodyshop. And I'm guessing it's not the kind of bodyshop where one would buy ethically tested cleansing fluids.

142vpg2.jpg

Started on one of the calipers too.

15yds9h.jpg

I'd quite like to know who that is. :norty: :lol:

She's called 'Pure Dee' - clue is in the filename.

big-boobs_280_609549a.jpg

Google is your friend.. (if you turn off the Safe Search!)

Err, one of the Mods told me. Err, yeah, that's it.. :grin:

Liking your work. :norty: :lol:

Bloody hell Juliet, you are going to town! Get the wings off ok? Would be worth giving the inner wings a good couple of coats of waxoyl before refitting the wings.

Notice the carbon canister and the bumper bracket is also painted red. Would be worth checking the inner wing for rust or damage.

Yeah, the wings came off no problems at all. Guessing that's because they are replacement ones.... Doesn't appear to be any damage to anything but the inside of the wings are rusty as hell. Check it out:

ml2oa8.jpg

2namz5k.jpg

Was going to take them to a bodyshop to get sorted but they are beyond redemption. Will be looking at some replacements I think once I've saved up for the repsray I want.

There is overspray everywhere. :( Oh well whatever happened couldn't have been too bad as the car has never been written off.

They look like they've not even had underseal put on them. Rubbish. Another thing for the bin me thinks....

NIce work there chap loving the pics and the ones of the car are also good :lol:

Cheers dude, I'm really enjoying the work. Think once the loom is tidied up it will make a huge difference to the bay. I have Wednesday off so will finish cleaning the arches and bay, finish the calipers (got some matt black caliper paint) and hopefully tidy up the loom then. :D And find some more pictures.... :lol:

Another thing for the bin me thinks....

Yep, defo. Not right now though. Just going to refit them and worry about them later. I can't afford to start getting things sprayed at the moment. I have an engine to rebuild which is my priority money wise! Probably won't move onto the paintwork in a big way until next year at which point I'll replace the wings.

Yep, defo. Not right now though. Just going to refit them and worry about them later. I can't afford to start getting things sprayed at the moment. I have an engine to rebuild which is my priority money wise! Probably won't move onto the paintwork in a big way until next year at which point I'll replace the wings.

I'd keep your eye out for a pair of tornado pink wings on the forum. I wouldn't want to put rusty bits back on. At the very least, wire wheel the rust off, stick some rust killer on and whack a funk load of underseal on them. They may be salvageable in the short term.

I'd keep your eye out for a pair of tornado pink wings

:camp:

SonicBoom,have you priced up bottom end re-build parts yet?

How much for big end and crank case bearings etc?

I'd keep your eye out for a pair of tornado pink wings on the forum. I wouldn't want to put rusty bits back on. At the very least, wire wheel the rust off, stick some rust killer on and whack a funk load of underseal on them. They may be salvageable in the short term.

Putting the old ones back on is not ideal. But as long as I clean them up and seal them properly no lasting damage will be done. Hopefully it'll only be for another couple of months after the rest of the car is finished.

SonicBoom,have you priced up bottom end re-build parts yet?

Not yet bud. Bit scared to if I'm honest! :pale: :lol:

:)

I know what you mean.

I was hoping you were gonna say"it aint that bad .."

Sigh..

I'll have to price it up tomorrow.

Don't tell me. I don't want to know. It's probably best that I find out after I've stripped it all down otherwise I might be put off from doing it! :lol:

:)

I know what you mean.

I was hoping you were gonna say"it aint that bad .."

Sigh..

I'll have to price it up tomorrow.

Don't tell me. I don't want to know. It's probably best that I find out after I've stripped it all down otherwise I might be put off from doing it! :lol:

:lol:

Ok.

Good pics...

Thats a bit of a git about the wings though - as said above they have not been prepped at all properly, should also be sealed to the car so usually take a bit of work to get off.

That looks like it was a VW approved body shop too by the parts sticker so that's a particularly poor show - maybe find which dealer it was and send the Toad in for test drives?