Sign in to follow this  
junkie

G60 head removal - [its now off with pics]

just bin the old setup an go 20v,i know of a bloke in doncaster who will come an pick up all your old setup an take it away free :lol:

A few on my phone but will upload tomorrow, all the ancillaries are off so to speak.

Well its taken some time but i do have some pics finally. Albeit taken on my phone so probs not the best.

Corrado conversion V2 (3).pdfPicture 097.jpg[/attachment:1bxpoalu]

Book1.pdfPicture 115.jpg[/attachment:1bxpoalu]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfPicture 119.jpg[/attachment:1bxpoalu]

ETKA Corrado.pdfPicture 122.jpg[/attachment:1bxpoalu]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfPicture 124.jpg[/attachment:1bxpoalu]

Corrado92.pdfPicture 127.jpg[/attachment:1bxpoalu]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfPicture 132.jpg[/attachment:1bxpoalu]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfPicture 135.jpg[/attachment:1bxpoalu]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfPicture 136.jpg[/attachment:1bxpoalu]

Picture 137.jpg[/attachment:1bxpoalu]

No its going in the "i must have been bad in a past life and as punishment your corrado will randomnly kill itself repeatedly till i give in" parts bin.

Just a new 1 dude thats been redesigned and needs more modifying to the engine bits somewhere, so i have been told but still waiting on it.

That's not good for a cast mani to fail like that. I hope that Jabba are sorting something out for you in replacement of that, Si?

Yea they are for gratis.

Basically the casting company they originally used were not upto par by the sounds of it. Jabba were never happy they were getting the amount of Nickel content they said to use as its the 2nd to fail on mine and i have heard reports that others have failed too, so they are now using the same casting company that make the 20v manifolds. Also they now put on a turbo support bracket so it will move side to side but not up and down, so i am going to build it back up then get down to Jabba to have the bracket put on, thay tried to make it an off the shelf job but for whatever reason it was not as easy as it sounds so each 1 needs to be made for the car on the car.

Yea its def getting built back up, i do truly love the engine but i just want more power, too much is not enough.

If my plans work out then it will be finding a new home in a Mk 1 golf all stripped out, caged up etc and the Corrado will be finding a new heart in the shape of a 20v fire breather lol.