Sign in to follow this  
dukest

Tonight I won't be having dinner...

Oh dear.... On the plus side, you were on Clapham common, couldn't you have picked up a nice MP sugar daddy, or the bloke from American Beauty to pay for it?

Holy sheeit. And I was getting upset at it costing me £60 for a tankful!! Is that Ultimate? How much was it per litre?!

yes Ultimate - even though thats all its had from me and its previous owner, am on the verge of considering all options now.. hadn't quite thought about MPs though! :camp:

think i could have got it for about 1.24 but they're doing up 2 of the nearest BPs to me - it was about 1.26 a litre in the end i think.. :gag:

Its why I never put in more than 50 quid, but its shocking how little the needle goes up. I used to think that carting all that extra weight around was a waste of money, but at the rate that petrol has been going up recently I may just have to brim the tank.

Blooming OPEC. :(

I havent filled my VR for 2 weeks now, cant afford to this week either so it can wait til next week.

I dont like puttin little bits in, would rather just fill it.

Put £66 in my gf's 307 HDI on Saturday morning and that didnt fill it, refused to put anymore in

but thats only just over an hours driving though, cant be arsed filling up that often even though i don't do that many miles... :?

if i can get some cash together i'd consider something different and more economical but the trouble is most of the miles i do are to shows so it would kind of defeat the point!

It f*cks me off as, according to news stories, the current hike in rates is simply down to speculation about oil supply etc. Some bastards somewhere are getting fat and rich whilst the rest of us are scratting around and starting to seriously worry the future of our pride and joy. It's complete sh*t!! :(

yep, oil company shares are what we should have been buying pound for pound with everything we spend on our cars.. its too late now as they'll have made all their money..

apparently General Motors are going to sell off the Hummer brand as no-one wants them anymore at $4/gallon and 13mpg. GM sales down 30% in a year shows you something....

WTFG!!!! :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: 1,24& per litre???????

btw dukest, if you spent £85 on fuel and then couldn't have dinner afterwards, are we lead to believe that you are a big spender for fine London eateries in the early evening?! :lol:

I read today that Shell (who made billions and billions last year) made a statement that they were 'concerned about the amount possible to produce over the coming months', as a result oil went up $3 a barrel, bastards

btw dukest, if you spent £85 on fuel and then couldn't have dinner afterwards, are we lead to believe that you are a big spender for fine London eateries in the early evening?! :lol:

i wish, its a long long time since i spent £85 on dinner!! :)

Max I ever put in is £25 which puts it up to below the half way mark. I see little point in filling her up cos an extra 20 litres of fuel is a lot of extra weight to carry around which in turns means higher fuel consumption. Prob not much I know, but over the years it adds up :)

Yes I AM tight.

mine never sees more than 20quid a time,one reason is i'm tight an would hate to fill up an some pikey syphon the lot over night

I've just been to see family in Poland.

Petrol has jumped up to the same price as here give or take 3-4p.

In most areas they earn half of what we do so they are really feeling the strain

Not suprising 40% of the cars there run on LPG.

I never put more than £30 in at a time in my G60, 2 reasons really 1. i dont drive that far usually and 2. if its got loads of fuel in it its too tempting to have a blast all the time!

Fuel is ridiculous now, something has got to change, its not going to be long before its the same price as a pint of beer at this rate!

Will the Tories cut the tax if they get into government? i very much doubt it