Sign in to follow this  
waynos

my corrado likes a drink!

only had the g60 for just over a month n jeez does it drink fuel. Did a bit of a search and found two things that could be the culprit! firstly was the co pot. Checked the resistance yesterday and it was 200 ohms! so i raised that up to 550 to see how i get on. There was no difference in the performance and there was a marginal improvement in petrol consumption. I never actually checked the mfa mpg readout before so i did today

DSC00279.jpg

NOT IMPRESSED!

how does the mfa calculate the mpg? i know it must go through the ecu. Does the lambda reading affect it? ie if i had a duff one would it lower my mpg reading?

Id be happy if my clocks said that! Mines only a baby 1.8 16v and all i do is around town driving really.

DSC00532.jpg

18 mpg is a classic sign of a kippered lambda.....also make sure the vacuum hose from fuel pressure regulator to throttle body is exactly 100mm, thats makes a difference to mfa readings.

was hoping it wasnt the lambda lol i heard they are expensive! may have to sell a limb to get one. Is the lambda used during startup? reason i ask is that in the morning it takes about 5 seconds of cranking before she coughs into life. warm starts are ok though. The blue temp sender has been changed also

I find i get S**t readings from mine display, i find it best to reset it when you get to a staedy cruise. I know i have a knackered lambda sensor but at least i can ignore the over fuelling and enjoy the drive :o That read out was designed by the devil himself or the government to kill the fun or a corrado :hitler:

was hoping it wasnt the lambda lol i heard they are expensive! may have to sell a limb to get one.

Scoop on original Bosch lambda for G60 here. Also get it on a wideband and get the fuelling sorted properly (via the CO pot).

Got mine done for MOT reasons earlier this year and went from around 18mpg to over 30mpg (actually got 32mpg from last tank) with definite improvement in throttle response as well :clap: :grin:

was hoping it wasnt the lambda lol i heard they are expensive! may have to sell a limb to get one. Is the lambda used during startup? reason i ask is that in the morning it takes about 5 seconds of cranking before she coughs into life. warm starts are ok though. The blue temp sender has been changed also
lambda (o2 sensor) does not start working properly for a short while as it needs the exhaust and its own heater to start working , so it wont effect cold starting.