Sign in to follow this  
dukest

some little ***t ......

... seemed to want to have a go at getting into the car last night/today and has done this to my passenger door :bad-words: :

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf30062008672.jpg[/attachment:3jllxzdg]

30062008673.jpg[/attachment:3jllxzdg]

the door handle still works/locks although a bit loose now, but am obviously seriously pissed off about the hole in the metalwork where the f*cker has stuck his screwdriver or whatever in there. quite annoyed the alarm didn't go off but i guess if it was sensitive to everything it would go off all the time.. :sad:

can someone tell me how much it would cost to get this fixed properly? i want to know whether its worth claiming on insurance and maybe getting a few other bits smartened up too..

cheers

John

w*****s why do that to someones car, they wouldn't like it if you stuck something into there mother, and wiggled that around would they. :bad-words:

^^^ PMSL.

Do VW make armour plates for handles like they do for Mk2s? Sounds like winnage to me.

Sorry for the damage though dukest, if you need some rough early doors in black just holla at yo boy.

Nasty. Can't believe someone would try that with an alarmed car. :shrug: I dunno if its worth claiming on insurance, depends on your excess and policy really, though as no-one was caught it could harm your no claims.

I feel your pain John. But it could have been a lot worse with some of the scrotes round here.

cheers guys, and no Karl, i'm sure they wouldn't! :D

have got 11 years protected no claims or something so hopefully claiming wouldn't cost too much for next year but do need to check my excess - would serve them right if they had to pay out though, making up for the extra £70 they charged me for going 100 miles over my 5000 mileage limit.. :nono:

Bad news. I feel for you.

Am sorry but I can't add anything helpful.

Like Judith I have no advice to give, but very sorry to see this. I was just admiring (the pass side) photo I took of your C yesterday as well :(

Bad news indeed jon :( sorry to see this, and after such a great day yesterday too! Kin typical. dont think they do the armour door plates for them either btw.

Hope you get it sorted soon though.

I know a very good/fast body shop if you need it doing soon but a bit of a trip from london.

thanks, of all things to happen i guess its far from the worst, but you cant help wishing stupid things, like: i've got a spare passenger window so why didn't they just break that?! guess they'd have gone in the other side though in that case :D

does anyone know what happens with the keys in this situation, can they take the barrel and put it in a new handle? i reeeally dont want 2 different keys.. would rather delock that side.

You can swap the lock barrels between handles.

Sorry to see this mate :(

some shit did that to my drivers door too , i have always thought of the armour plates like the mk2 ones but i have never found anything.

w*****s why do that to someones car, they wouldn't like it if you stuck something into there mother, and wiggled that around would they. :bad-words:

quote of the day. :)

sh1t john, little b*stards! at least they didnt get in, similar thing happened to my friends 306 last week, they smashed the glovebox up and scratched all the dash! :( with a hole in the door like that it will deffo need welding but it looks repairable, if you can put up with it i'd imagine they could do a localised repair but you will probably see a blend :( i really hope you get it repaired though dude!

nooo! gutted for you mate :( I'd be livid if it were mine..

Gets me thinking though, my car has a clifford G5 which blips a really bright blue LED every 2 seconds when the car is parked. imo it just draws more attention to the car in dark places! Maybe there is a way to switch it off..I just havent found it!

Good luck with sorting this out!

if its any help John, i have a passenger side door from my brother grey corrado that you can purchase mate.

karl

thanks karl, let me see what the local bodyshop guy says and then i'll try to decide what the best option is... will get back to you!

You must be gutted. I guess it could have been worse but doubt if that is much consolation to you.

Best of luck getting it all sorted. When I had my prang last year I felt quite depressed until it had been completely fixed.

Scrotes... Looks like they thought it was a Mk2/3 golf doing that!

Yeah a good bodyshop will patch that up though.

There's a good painter body guy out Watford area if I could only remmember his name at the moment! ...

Gutted for you John, remember what it felt like when the scumball did mine last year too (rear 1/4 window with a fist)

Ugh - not much more to say beyond what has already been said. Makes my fricking blood boil this sort of sh1t!!

Sorry to hear about this John.

I may have a spare pass handle if that could help?? I sold one on Sunday but ill have a dig if you like? You can change the locks, pretty sure of that.

& ive had his mum, she was rubbish. & I wiped my :censored: on her curtains too!! Hope this makes you feel a bit better......

sorry too hear that there are some asses out there for instance my tyre vaves keeping getting nicked and my polos tyres got deflated! i think its an ass that lives round the corner in a rival car club!

id just take it to a paint shop and get a quote dought it would be that much! my mate got his clio spoiler done for £50. and mum got 2 panels done for £200 on her crappy ka! but they are both made out of cheese unlike raddos!

Sorry to hear about this John.

I may have a spare pass handle if that could help?? I sold one on Sunday but ill have a dig if you like? You can change the locks, pretty sure of that.

& ive had his mum, she was rubbish. & I wiped my :censored: on her curtains too!! Hope this makes you feel a bit better......

lmfao :D

travelling with work for the next 3 days so i'll have to sort it next week, just no-one look at BVF :wink:

Gutted for you John.

Just been looking through my pics from the National Day and your C was looking rather fine. As a few have said already, in a few weeks she'll be good as new with some nice fresh paint.