Sign in to follow this  
JMC

How do you tell whether....

... you have a sticky throttle cable or a sticky throttle body? I've noticed on my G60 that after I take my foot off the accelerator it takes a second or so for the speed to start dropping, and it feels lieks the throttle is staying on, so I'm thinking sticky cable or sticky throttle body. Any thoughts anyone :shrug:

Remove the cable from the throttle body and try opening and close it by hand. Then give the cable a bit of a tug back and forth.

... you have a sticky throttle cable or a sticky throttle body? I've noticed on my G60 that after I take my foot off the accelerator it takes a second or so for the speed to start dropping, and it feels lieks the throttle is staying on, so I'm thinking sticky cable or sticky throttle body. Any thoughts anyone :shrug:

or maybe not holding vacuum because of a slight leak??

Mine did the same,found a split hose after i had changed the throttle cable.

is it intermittent?

Cheers for the advice folks. It is intermittent. If I blip the throttle it will retun back easier, but if I adrive around with it in one position for a while then it will usualy be a bit sticky. Would this point to one thing over the other then?

Mine does exactly the same on my 16v. I think mine is the TB though, as I took the TB off my spare engine and it definitely springs back faster than the one in my Corrado does.

As toad says, disconnect them from each other and then try to diagnose.