Sign in to follow this  
Traverse

Funny Things Your Corrado Has Done

On the 'tex there's a thread about the funny things your Corrado has done, so I thought I'd try to start this up over here because some of the stuff is funny and it makes me feel better about my car :lol:

Thread for reference

So here's a list of a few of the funny things my Corrado has done.

1. Rolled across a parking lot after I left it in gear.

2. Caught fire.

3. Wheel fell off (see figure 1)

4. Caught fire again.

5. Ran for a bit

6. Sunroof switch started working backwards?

7. Rear wiper washer jet cover thingy broke off so it would shoot straight in the air

8. I was driving and I heard a snapping from the roof of the car. I look out the rear windshield to see the antennae rolling away on the road behind me.

Fig. 1:

HPIM1536.jpg

T-dog, you crazy mutha! :lol:

only thing that springs to mind is my remote central locking completely packed up one day, meaning I had to climb in from the boot (I have weird key to lock combos). Then about 2 weeks ago, it just started working again by itself... weird!

Monday on the way to its MOT the wipers packed up, as did the windscreen washer jets - almost as if it decided to play up for fun - simple fuse replacement and all was well again

A few months ago the rear wiper had lightly frozen to the rear window - I switched it on to try clear the ice and instead the wiper motor stripped the thread out of the wiper arm, and then on the return 'spin' of the motor caught and dragged the wiper arm backwards across the spoiler! Wasn't amused.

Then the DAY of the MOT (last month) it decided for the first time in 2 years to illuminate the ABS light and it wouldn't go no matter how many times I stopped and started the car! Had to cough up to fix that but had to laugh at the lousy timing.

The only other remotely amusing stuff recently was the driver side door handle packing up and the ignition switch also packing up. I was booked into get new tyres right after it all happened so when I left the car with them had to explain that they had to climb in the passenger side to open the door AND might struggle to actually start the car. They must have thought it was a right heap of sh1te!

Turned me into a semi-hermit and broken my soul....

Not just me then.

It also wrote off a peugeot (all by itself) at my last job and forced me into a career change.

Taken all my money and and sometimes my will to live, not to mention countless sleepless nights! And caused me to live with a crazy lady :luvlove: but it's marvellous really! :clap:

I have had a few odd ones,

a couple of weeks ago while driving to work in the caddy van the wipers decided to completely ignore the stalk and randomly turn themselves on and off, and every now and then would squirt a bit of screen wash and then stop, the really wierd thing about it is I used the corrado later that night and as soon as i started it the squirters came on for about 5 seconds, the wipers started at full speed and the rear wiper now turns itself on and off randomly. :cuckoo:

The last headlight loom i had, used crappy relays that would short out when they got a bit damp, turning the headlights on and setting off the alarm at night while it was parked up, I thought the car was being nicked a few times :shock:

The charger grenaded while the engine was just ticking over while i was checking the tire pressure which was hillarious :wink:

I managed to do a 180 spin on a single track road just wide enough to get the car down without damaging anything, I pressed the brakes and quickly realised I had forgotten to adjust the bias valve after fitting the coilovers (serious brown trouser moment)

The sunroof mech decided to fail in the open possition in the middle of a thunderstorm (had to pull into a petrol station and wait uner the canopy) but still ended up with a soggy interior.

Once had a wierd vibration when i turned the heaters on and discovered a jelly baby stuck in the fan???? turned out to have been dropped in there by the 7 year old son of a friend of my parents while i was working on the car, the little :censored:

Along with you lot, made me realise, I have fallen totally in love :luvlove: - with my car and unlikely i will ever sell it. :D

The funny things - albeit not at the time - Unable to open Drivers door and had to crawl across passenger seat for several weeks until could get fixed - resulting in a rather bad back !!

Intermittent faults - on most things esp. water leaks and alarms.

Forced me into parking in the garage even when I have known there is hardly the room to get out - just to keep it clean and then had my friends take the mick !!

Be a complete child and Buy a Ram air Filter :lol:

Maybe Corrados have souls like Herbie the love bug! :lol:

now that would be cool. i do sadly talk to my car and its neme is roger me raddo.

some of those things make me quite worried now!

The vacuum pipes on the throttle body elbow fell off and landed on my exhaust manifold and caught fire once. :shock:

I'd call it more annoying than funny, though others thought it was highly amusing - the driver's door handle decided to break whilst I was at a No-Rice meet. Doesn't sound too bad, does it? The only problem was that I'd parked the passenger side mega close to a bollard so there was no way I was opening the passenger door to get through to the driver's side - I HAD TO GO THROUGH THE SODDING BOOT!! :censored:

i parked up at the petrol station once, and the front doors would not open at all?? the alarm was off but the interior door pulls would not work?? i wound down the windows to try the exterior handles and they would not work?? i ended up climbing through the car and bodging my way to the boot. which is not very easy when your a fat b*****d like me :lol:

as soon as i got out the boot the car electrics made a whistle type noise??? and then the doors worked, this has never happened since.

My Corrado's battery has been flattened twice. The first time, I left the interior light on by accident. I only drive once a week now, so it was totally flat by the time I got it. The second time is the "funny" time, though.

I walked up to the car and could hear the central locking cycling over and over. When I got to it, it was unlocked and constantly unlocking, over and over, by magic!

I couldn't start it, as it had depleted the battery too much. I decided to remove the central locking relay (rear 'door' card behind driver, IIRC), as I still wanted the electric windows to work and I think they share a fuse. Investigation showed that somebody (the same person who has broken/botched everything else in my car before I got it probably) had not refitted the door wiring grommet/conduit and the wires had been chaffing. I refitted the conduit with a view to sorting out the chaffed wires later, but I've not fixed it because it stopped doing it.

Another thing that's strange, but not really a funny thing it has done. My car seems to have the oil filter housing from a late 90s VR6, like on the Golf, because the filter elements don't fit! Mine has the big hole in the filter element rather than the small one that it's supposed to. Unless GSF keep giving me the wrong elements.

Must check ETKA out to see what's going on...

Just remembered another one. About a month after I got my Corrado, 'smoke' billowed out from under the bonnet. I absolutely sh@t it at first, but when I got out I smelt it was coolant. The famous hose at the back of the VR6 had split, right at the clip. I cut 1 inch off it and refitted it, and it's been like that ever since. I don't think I've got enough slack left in it to do it again though!