Sign in to follow this  
boost monkey

Imagination time: Corrado colour schemes you like

If OEM colours weren't an option, off the top of my head I would go with this:

Would love to do a photoshop of this, think it could look rather good :|

Matt black body (Pro sprayed: maybe semi-gloss or satin so that cleaning isn't a mare)

red rear clusters,

smoked side and front indicators,

BBS CHs (I think) / these wheels in this colour scheme:

104214102_tp.jpg

Possibly a scarlet red pinstripe down the swage line a la Mk1 and Mk2 Golf.

(Think Black Diamond discs and black calipers throughout to keep the stealth image)

Follow the red/black scheme through the engine bay and interior (although way more black than red in there).

If my Corrado was a non-pearl colour I think I could be tempted to do this. Would have to do EVERYTHING to pull it off though imo.

Feel free to discuss your own thoughts...

The black with the orange reminds me of the Porsche GT3 colours.

I do like this:

2110IMG_0921-med.jpg

I'd like to see what Corrado's look like in older VW colours too...

I think a lairy Lambo orange with black wheels would look pretty cool. Or maybe black with just an orange rim on black wheels.

Yeah, think the filter is off on that wheel pic. IIRC, should be scarlet (tornado) red on matt black wheel.

I really wanna mock this up, I think it could look seriously good.

Lambo orange on black wheels (fat 6 spokes spring to mind?) would look NEXT LEVEL good :shock: :shock: :shock:

Lambo V10 also? 8) :lol:

Lambo V10 also? 8) :lol:

In the boot 8)

But lambo orange slammed onto speedlines with a black/carbon spoiler :norty:

I'm sure there is a p'chop of mrbeige's car with a camo paintjob. If I have the nuts I'd love to do something camo to my car.

I'd camo a Mk2 Golf, but I'm not sure I'd want to do it to a Corrado. I think the longer sleeker lines don't work with camo as well? :shrug:

That said someone will probably do it / has done it and it looks good :grin:

Think about the reality of driving around in a 'camo' car though :lol: surly you'd feel like a grade A bell end?

The thing I like about the rado is that it's understated, i'm not into being looked at as I drive down the street - that's the last thing I want tbh! :eek:

If I was going to paint a rado in a non original colour, I think it'd be Bright Blue Metalic, I think it's an awesome colour.

Interesting Walesy, I think Cs get looks everywhere they go, they're pretty rare after all. Maybe you live in Corrado Central or something!

Yeah you'd prob need balls to camo a C, but I think more iconic cars like a golf can pull it off. Anyone seen that Skull themed Mk2? looks awesome I reckon. Looks like it was a Redeye sponsored car or something.

104214102_tp.jpg

:notworthy: my next wheels! Not in that colour scheme though, although blackberry with matt black CH's :luvlove:

I do like this:

2110IMG_0921-med.jpg

I'd like to see what Corrado's look like in older VW colours too...

Got to love the good old UPS Corrado :notworthy:

gt3s.jpg

Well there are my two favorite Rados just there!

Satin black doesn't work, saw one on the Midnight Cruise in London in Jan and just looked really "wrong" no-one could say why but just that it didn't work.... Much like the Blue on the "Gaybum" on last night's TG didn't work, but the Stealth-Black one in the studio did...

104214102_tp.jpg

:notworthy: my next wheels! Not in that colour scheme though, although blackberry with matt black CH's :luvlove:

Awesome Rob, that will look really good. Hide the brake dust too :norty: I've seen them in Red/black on a black Mk5 Gti and it tied in well with the car's bodywork and obvious red detailing.

I think matt colours show off design lines well, just like a clay sculpture would for example. Here's a greenun from the tex:

cimg0887bq6.jpg

As you can see, it is easy to spot all the lines on the car. I find Satin Silver and White Cs can show their lines well as standard. Dark colours are more reflective so tend to hide their lines.

Awesome Rob, that will look really good. Hide the brake dust too :norty:

Yeah thats what i was thinking, because its going to be getting some serious brake abuse when its turboed :norty:

Yeah thats what i was thinking, because its going to be getting some serious brake abuse when its turboed :norty:

As far as the end of the road where it promptly "runs out of fuel!" :p

As far as the end of the road where it promptly "runs out of fuel!" :p

Yeah and that :lol:

104214102_tp.jpg

Awesome Rob, that will look really good. Hide the brake dust too :norty: I've seen them in Red/black on a black Mk5 Gti and it tied in well with the car's bodywork and obvious red detailing.

I think matt colours show off design lines well, just like a clay sculpture would for example. Here's a greenun from the tex:

cimg0887bq6.jpg

As you can see, it is easy to spot all the lines on the car. I find Satin Silver and White Cs can show their lines well as standard. Dark colours are more reflective so tend to hide their lines.[/quote:9c1m79el]

I wasn't a massive fan of matt paintwork until i saw this at the motor show on saturday..

Kate, that's more satin than matt hence the subtle glowing reflection of the lights off the bodywork, I think they either use a duller agent in with normal black paint or they put a special lacquer over matt. Either way it looks pretty good.

Kate, that's more satin than matt hence the subtle glowing reflection of the lights off the bodywork, I think they either use a duller agent in with normal black paint or they put a special lacquer over matt. Either way it looks pretty good.

I suppose it is satin, it was my pick of the day and i really need one! :)