VAG-hag

Brembo 4 pots - will they go on?

Oh really, you don't think their calipers would fit standard discs? That may be an issue or pricey for me in Canada then. I know the EBC pads they sell can be bought off the shelf here, the part number is listed on their website. 

It would be really easy if they were just replying to my emails to figure all of this out. I was looking at their page on Facebook, almost 3 years that they didn't post anything. If it wasn't from this community, I would think they are not in business anymore! Hopefully they get back to me at some point! 

I'll look into Ferodo, never heard of. 

288 is nice and that's what I have but I would like billet calipers to save weight at the right place. But if I can't make HiSpec work on standard discs I may forget the project, anyways they don't reply to me so... 

There's a US company Wilwood who makes some too but I'm not a fan of that company plus there's no dust shields on their calipers... 

On 12/30/2022 at 12:19 AM, ABV-VR6 said:

Oh really, you don't think their calipers would fit standard discs? That may be an issue or pricey for me in Canada then. I know the EBC pads they sell can be bought off the shelf here, the part number is listed on their website. 

It would be really easy if they were just replying to my emails to figure all of this out. I was looking at their page on Facebook, almost 3 years that they didn't post anything. If it wasn't from this community, I would think they are not in business anymore! Hopefully they get back to me at some point! 

FYI many UK engineering or car firms etc have a factory shut down over christmas period, IE 23rd dec to 2nd jan for example

as such i wouldnt expect a reply from HiSpec until next week, therefore i wouldnt get disappointed at no reply during this period

further to this, on my billet 4 setup under the 15" speedlines, the discs & pads are not the OE corrado disc, IIRC they are volvo 240.  i think i went for standard EBC discs & pads but i just brought the entire kit of HiSpec

Ok, I wasn't aware of this shut down over the holidays, it's not like this here. I did sent my first email on the 19th but maybe they were busy closing the year end. I'll wait and see what happens then. Thanks! 

Well, about 5 weeks ago I contacted HiSpec and since, I sent 4 emails and none of them have been replied. I even emailed the chap Shaun dealt with twice. Holidays have been over for a while now. I don't understand why a company would not reply to a customer who wants to buy their products? Anyway, thank you for suggesting I was definitely interested but now I guess it will be time to find an alternative... 

Cheers 

14 hours ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Well, about 5 weeks ago I contacted HiSpec and since, I sent 4 emails and none of them have been replied. I even emailed the chap Shaun dealt with twice. Holidays have been over for a while now. I don't understand why a company would not reply to a customer who wants to buy their products? Anyway, thank you for suggesting I was definitely interested but now I guess it will be time to find an alternative... 

Cheers 

im the same - i emailed them at the start of the Jan about some for the mini & still no reply

i did speak to the receptionist or whoever it was & she said there was a wait of about 2 weeks for email enquiries - im not sure why they take so long but im going to call them again this week.

they were certainly not like this when i brought the calipers for the VR6 & i am sharing the disappointment

2 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

im the same - i emailed them at the start of the Jan about some for the mini & still no reply

i did speak to the receptionist or whoever it was & she said there was a wait of about 2 weeks for email enquiries - im not sure why they take so long but im going to call them again this week.

they were certainly not like this when i brought the calipers for the VR6 & i am sharing the disappointment

They were like this a bit when I ordered mine. 5 or 6 months before delivery from enquiry. They are very busy, just have to keep at it. 

18 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

They were like this a bit when I ordered mine. 5 or 6 months before delivery from enquiry. They are very busy, just have to keep at it. 

thanks for the input shaun

im in no rush so will persevere 

Thanks for the update... I'll see if they reply but meanwhile I'll look at other options. If that busy, they should hire instead of loosing business imo.