Sign in to follow this  
VeeDub_NZ

BBS RS 070 - will they fit!?

I have sourced a set (of 5!) BBS RS 070 here in New Zealand. I have a 1990 16v lowered 40mm. The question is will they fit!? If so, will I need to roll the guards? Any other advice appreciated!

This is the first set I have ever seen in NZ, are they very rare? Some are missing centrecaps, but are in very good condition. Other than ebay, where would I find centrecaps for a sharp price?

Thanks in advance!

Try them on your car! :D

Or give us a bit more info ie stud pattern, offset, diameter etc

:salute:

Sh*t sorry thought you english blokes had all the BBS RS numbers memorized!

They are 15 x 7, ET16 (4 x 100). The 070 comes factory with 1.5" lip which is what makes it so good (IMO)

they should fit fine with 195/45/15 tyres. I had 8x15 et 18's on my facelift 16v an ran it low on standard arches without any issues. RS070's are 7 x 15 et 16 so you have an extra half inch of clearance on the arch side so despite having the narrower wings it should not be an issue.

Are you just missing the centre cap badge or the whole cap including the weave, nut and badge?

Thanks for that, The thing is they are 8 hours drive away so I can't test fit them!

They are missing the whole centrecap including the weave and everything unfortunately..

Heres pics of my old 16v, i ran it quite a bit lower after these pics still without any issue. As i said these were 8's but your 7's will sit roughly the same in relation to the arch on early wings. I'd say if you ran a tyre size like 205/50/15 then you might have problems but if you run a 195/45's then you will have plenty of space in the arch, you can see below that the car is quite low by the position of the 50mm spoiler from the ground but theres still plenty of arch clearance.

100_4227large.jpg

100_4221large.jpg

A complete set of centre caps second hand usually go for £100 over here but they very rarely come up, you can buy them brand new from a seller called pw motorsport on ebay who is also a member on here but they will be £50 each.

What's the difference in arch specs, pre-facelift to post-facelift?

Your stance looks really good, for my own personal taste though, I would probably like my wheels to sit in ever so slightly more. Would the earlier arches really correlate to a 1" difference in rim width?

although the difference is 1" only half of that is on the outside as the offsets are roughly the same, im not sure difference in arch specs you'll have to have a search of the forum. but this guys running rs003's which are 7 x 16" et 25 on an early body rado and he looks like he has plenty of space so with the rs070's sitting 7mm further out they will be flush or just inside the lip of the arch.

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=70803&hilit=rs003

edit just realised thats a late body, i would say check out g6ogreenys car hes running low offset rs's on his early body corrado.