Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Sick and tired of watermarks after washing

Been getting really fed up with watermarks on the cars after washing so just bit the bullet and bought an 11 litre RO (Reverse Osmosis) filter that should mean I can simply rinse off the cars with virtually pure water and not have to worry about watermarks anymore. Just sits in-line with the hose and purifies water down to virtually 0ppm.

Thankfully it should last a good couple of years so will end up costing about 30p per wash

You should chamois faster :lol: Seriously though, it is hard work if u have a black 4x4 thats been sat in the sun all day and you have no access to shade.

Let me know how you get on with this lil device please buddy.

i don't get how inline ones can work to 0ppm, the RO machines i've seen chuck out 2 gallons of waste water for every gallon of 0ppm stuff

Been getting really fed up with watermarks on the cars after washing so just bit the bullet and bought an 11 litre RO (Reverse Osmosis) filter that should mean I can simply rinse off the cars with virtually pure water and not have to worry about watermarks anymore. Just sits in-line with the hose and purifies water down to virtually 0ppm.

Thankfully it should last a good couple of years so will end up costing about 30p per wash

Just move to Scotland, dont get that problem here.. ;)

3corsameal - I was pretty sceptical as well but spoken to several people who use this one and even after 12 months its still producing water at 0ppm according to the water testers that they are using - I have no reason not to believe them, even if it was reduced down to 15-20ppm its still a massive improvement on the 145-150ppm that my tap water is chucking out

true..

i too get loads of water spots, shows up really bad on dark green too :( i end up having to buff with speed detailer the whole car if i want to get rid of them which takes ages

what u need to do is get some meguiars speed detailer and a water magnet and spray and wipe the car down after washing (whilst its still wet) and you will never get any water spots

Or autoglyms Aqua Wax, Brilliant stuff, Just spray it on when the cars wet and rub it on and then polish off! I always do it between wax`s

Am I being really thick?

Because I haven't a clue what the device at the top of the page does/is for?

0ppm? EH?! lol :D

not thick there just not that common i think, but they purify the water as said above which takes out any contaminents that in sunlight if not washed off quick enoughdrys and leaves marks on your car or house windows etc, im pretty sure there just plug and play to your hose like a pressure washer

Cheers Andy