Leonard

Leonard's Corrado VR6 - 515bhp 5.9L's twin scroll turbo ;)

Hey guys

Well I have been mooching around this forum for a few years now and realised I havent really shown my car yet LOL so here it is...

When I got it 7 years ago the car had done 40k miles and been well looked after (it has now covered 83k). I had to look at a few dogs before I found it but was worth the wait. Almost bought a 968 CS instead cos I couldnt find one. In hindsight I probably would have been better off residual wise :wink: :D But I do still love the VR to bits so all is well.

Recently came to a bit of a crossroads though as I have neglected it ever so slightly the last year or so (body wise only) and it needs a bit of work doing to it. Therefore it was either get rid or sort it out properly to how I have always wanted it. As you may have guessed because I am writing this thread I went for the latter.

When I got the car it had a few nice details on it already. Full leather Recaro interior with heat etc and it had been Storm badged up. Now I know the purists may hate me for this but I dont mind this too much. As I understand it from the previous owner the car was 'modded' by the supplying dealer prior to sale as they could not get any more Storm models to sell. Therefore they specced the Aqua pearl paint, Recaro interior, ABT suspension, 'carbon' ABT glove box cover and 'carbon' ABT Storm gear stick surround. They then sold the car as Storm spec. They didnt go so far as to put the badge on the back but did supply one for the owner to stick on if they wished (and yes it is on LOL)

Unfortunately the 2nd owner took the ABT suspension off as it was too hard, so after I had the car for a few months I got Vince to put some Koni/Eibach kit on. Oh and also a BMC filter and Scorpion exhaust.

Here are a few pics of how it looked 20k ago

IMGP0868.jpg

IMGP0876-1.jpg

IMGP0874.jpg

IMGP0872-1.jpg

IMGP0871.jpg :cuckoo:

Edited by Leonard

Unfortunately after a bit of rust and wheel corrosion has crept in and a few supermarket trollies have done their worst it isnt looking quite as mint now.

So plans for future include a respray from roof down in two weeks.

New metal plates

Fitting some polished OZ Futura's (if I ever finish polishing them!)

Leather guy is coming to touch up the passanger seat where my girlfriends jeans left a bit of a scar.

Red tint rear lights.

Then I need to sort my central locking and at same time will fit some decent component speakers and headunit.

Then it is off to my local mechanic Rob to have the gearbox stripped, new final drive, clutch and LSD.

Finaly off to Vince at Stealth for 263 Cams and to fit my VSR manifold

IMGP2783.jpg

It should all be happy days after that for a few more years! :clap:

Hope you likey

Matt

:salute:

Looks fab mate.

Not seen the carbon fibre interior stuff before 8)

Getting my 263s fitted and a re-map at Stealth next week.

Be interested to hear and see how you get on with the re-spray.

Vaughan

Cheers m8 appreciate the response :D I will be interested how the respray goes next week as well as it is un-reasuringly cheap........ :cuckoo:

I would be interested to know how you go with the 263 cams and remap as well if you wouldnt mind letting me know :salute:

Have yet to see any other ABT interior Corrado bits myself. Sure there must be some others out there, anybody?

Hate you and your grey Leather recaros :p

not really, nice car...:lol:

LOL Sorry.

Fogot I have some ABT sports pedals as well so will fit those sometime as well. Although not sure about drilling into my existing ones.... :?

Cool, VSR. Car looks good, I must be getting old as Im starting to prefer the standard look with low ride height.. Should be a healthy increase with that lot fitted.

Sorry dont think think the carbon bits go with the interior. If it was black interior then maybe.

Cool, VSR. Car looks good, I must be getting old as Im starting to prefer the standard look with low ride height.. Should be a healthy increase with that lot fitted.

Sorry dont think think the carbon bits go with the interior. If it was black interior then maybe.

Know what your saying about the std look, i like it more and more. I honestly think I will hate the 17's ride but hey time will tell... So could have two sets of Futura's for sale soon LOL

I'd be happy as Larry if I got around 215bhp 215lbft with all the kit on and a remap. But I guess that may be a bit optimistic? Always thought the Corrado would be spot on with 220 power 220 torque

Can see where ur coming from with the interior but it looks better in the flesh, honest :grin: Have some new grey mats with Black Corrado script that help tie it all together a little more as well.

So you have a set of 17in Futura's as well? Any photos?

I have two sets :oops:

Havent put them on the car yet but one set looks like this:

OZ1.jpg

And the other will be polished, albeit by myself. Will have a proper mirror polish refurb on them next year.

Only got this far so far:

Ozwheel.jpg

Rebirth has begun :D

Just stripped all of the trim off the old girl for when she goes in for her respray tomorrow.

Slightly apprehensive about it all as it's not a windows out job so bit scared about how the paint will be around the rear windows.... Doesnt help that the paintwork is generally pretty darn good as is as well!

Just need to get a few parts from my m8 at VW now ie new badges, roof strips and sunroof seal.

No Corrado for a week and a half :( Should help kick start my cycling again at least though :grin:

Matt

:salute:

Ah good luck with it mate, a few sleepless nights beckon then if you are anything like me :eek:

Let me know how you get on with the chrome badge too as i'd like one also!

Ah good luck with it mate, a few sleepless nights beckon then if you are anything like me :eek:

Let me know how you get on with the chrome badge too as i'd like one also!

Cheers m8

Yeah I may turn to the bottle to help me get through :drinking: :grin:

Are there any meets around Shef? Never really see any Corrado's around near me in Matlock :confused4:

There's 4 on our drive Lol!

I Normally organize a yorkshire meet or two throughout the year but i've been so busy moving house and all it has had to take a back seat but will get some sorted for next year for sure.

I Normally organize a yorkshire meet or two throughout the year but i've been so busy moving house and all it has had to take a back seat but will get some sorted for next year for sure.

LOL.

Oh well guess I will have to wait a year then :grin:

LOL.

Oh well guess I will have to wait a year then :grin:

Could arrange something for October i guess. :grin:

Impressive - and some good plans. Do you work at Hewlands? I used to visit them quite a lot back in the late 90s for supply of lubes for their gearboxes.

Impressive - and some good plans. Do you work at Hewlands? I used to visit them quite a lot back in the late 90s for supply of lubes for their gearboxes.

Cheers mate.

No I dont woork for Hewlands was down at a rolling road meet for Evo's believe it or not.

Was a good day, until I got pulled for speeding on the way back :(

Still waiting for my car to come back from its respray....

In the meantime I had the original owner of my car contact me about the early history of my motor.

It turns out that the ABT spec was all added by him and not specified by the dealer as an alternative to the storm! Gotta love those Chinese whispers LOL

The full spec was as follows:-

ABT Cup Suspension – based on specially valved Bilstein components with adjustable damping and ride height. £940.00

ABT 7 1/2 x17” Alloy Wheels. £1035

4x Yokhama 215/40/17 AVS Tyres. £693.25

AutoTech Anti Roll Bar Kit 22m Front / 25mm Rear with poly bushes. £ 05.00

ABT Front & Rear Badges

Carbon Fibre Glove Box and Centre Console covers. £235.00

ABT Rear Exhaust Box. £412.35 latter changed for a Sebring Back Box in 04/1998

All work was undertaken by Mykoo Motorsports in 06/1995 and this was the spec that I sold the car with aside from the wheels which I took of and replaced with the originals. Only bits remaining on the car now though are the roll bars and interior trim bits :(

He took the car to most of the shows around that time including GTI International, GTI Festival etc where it picked up various awards / trophies.

It also got a small write up in VW Motorings “GTI Special” No.4 Autumn 1996 in their coverage of the GTI Festival show report where it was class winner.

So thankyou very much Mark for getting in contact! :notworthy:

Just deciding wether to put it back to this 'original spec' as I quite like it!

GetAttachment.jpg

img002.jpg

img009.jpg

GetAttachment1.jpg

wow, thats cool to have a bit more history. Seems like the previous owner didnt hold back. Its looks well on the abt rims

Looking good mate when its been at stealth youl have to put print out on, love to see how it runs, got a final drive sat in the shed and im wanting 263 Cams and a VSR manifold. wont be happening soon for me thopugh i dont think

look how amazing the corrado looks back in its day :!, compared to every other car i can see its like a supercar :D

love it

Maybe we should all start a trend and go back to 5 spokes as those ABT wheels do look rather nice on the car, did have the chance to buy a brand new set a few months ago :)

look how amazing the corrado looks back in its day :!, compared to every other car i can see its like a supercar :D

love it

Yeah I thought that! Bet it was a right beast back in 1995 :D