Leonard

Leonard's Corrado VR6 - 515bhp 5.9L's twin scroll turbo ;)

I didn't know Forge did brakes! A fair bit cheaper than AP's too.

In what scenario are your MK5's brakes weak Leonard? I thought they were pretty good on the GTI I drove, although it wasn't an ED30 and it wasn't a hard brake from 100+ either, which is where a lot of OE brakes throw the towel in :lol:

I didn't know Forge did brakes! A fair bit cheaper than AP's too.

In what scenario are your MK5's brakes weak Leonard? I thought they were pretty good on the GTI I drove, although it wasn't an ED30 and it wasn't a hard brake from 100+ either, which is where a lot of OE brakes throw the towel in :lol:

Those Forge brakes look like 'good value'.

The brakes just dont inspire much confidence Kev, not much pedal feel and they seem to go off quite quickly after a bit of spirited B road driving 80-100mph braking hard to 30-40mph repeat etc :D

Was thinking about the R32/S3 upgrade, exactly how heavy are they? LOL

Yeah, figured as much mate. I've driven an R32 which pretty much did the same thing. Feel very strong at low speeds but at higher speeds they give up. Not even R32 stoppers have as much grunt as AP racing, not even close.

As for how heavy, I don't have any exact numbers but even my AP 330mm kit was a lot lighter than the stock 288 setup. R32s have massive iron calipers and something like 343x32mm discs, which again are very heavy. An AP 4 pot kit on your MK5 would work so well and reduce unsprung weight a lot :D According to Evo and the like, a diff transforms them too.

As for how heavy, I don't have any exact numbers but even my AP 330mm kit was a lot lighter than the stock 288 setup. R32s have massive iron calipers and something like 343x32mm discs, which again are very heavy. An AP 4 pot kit on your MK5 would work so well and reduce unsprung weight a lot :D According to Evo and the like, a diff transforms them too.

LOL Im trying so hard to be good with this car and NOT mod it. A few grand though and it would be a complete weapon! :D

Think I will just go brakes only and then maybe REVO Stage 1.... ;) Like the idea of a decent 4 pot kit, will keep my eyes peeled. Not in any particular hurry.

Your car still all good?

Matt

PS just seen these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ap-racing-calipers-/220808463495?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item336935c487

Edited by Leonard

They're more the budget end for smaller cars mate.

For your car you need to be looking at the more manly CP5200 4 pot or the CP5570 6 pot calipers :D

That's the thing with your ED30. There's a real weapon in there waiting to be unleashed and you'd get MUCH more bang for your buck than any Corrado mods would give you.

Yeah mine's OK cheers, just having a little rest for a while :lol:

Managed to keep off the modding on the golf, although I have bought some winter tyres and some MTM bimoto wheels that were too cheap to say no to! Probably stick wheels on in March when car gets serviced and possibly Revo'd......

Now I have a decent daily I have been having dirty dirty thoughts about swapping the Corrado for something a little more 'weekend' :S

It will only be a replica obviously, but the itch has been there since top gun and highlander LOL. You not tempted by a change mate ;) You must have had your C for as long as I have had mine no? With the amount of work in yours though I can see why it would be a keeper. Must admit I would love to hand mine over to a sprog in 20 years time. Then again a 3L petrol car probably wont be allowed on the road by then and/or the kid would be severely disapointed with the old gal :D

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

For all you wheel whores..

mail.jpg

Edited by Leonard

Yawn, a silver BMW. Slumming it indeed mate :lol:

Only kidding. Long time no speak mate, glad you've still got the old Curryado!

Silver was the only colour I could get! Do they do other colours?

It is a manual 335i and not a 320D auto at least ;)

Is that right you don't have a Corrado anymore? :o

Hope all is well with you and this lovely mad house

335i! Nice! I believe they go like shingle off a shiny shovel! :)

It is quite 'nippy' from a mere 1500 rpm

As ever the lure of the remap is strong though LOL

Hope you are well :)

Oi, nowt wrong with a 320d!! Cant believe how many folks still have their cars. Saying that Im pretty sure mine is going to be parked up soon if I can find a house with a double garage.

Oi, nowt wrong with a 320d!! Cant believe how many folks still have their cars. Saying that Im pretty sure mine is going to be parked up soon if I can find a house with a double garage.

No, good car for doing the miles and a 'nice diesel' engine to boot :D

Lets be honest they get under your skin the old Corrado, nice old school handling and amazing noise. That and they arent worth selling at the moment anyway ;) LOL

If I had bought the E30 M3 Evo I just missed out on 13 years ago before purchasing the VR it would be up for sale at Bonhams auction house before you could say "new house deposit" :D

Glad you are still on here still and in a C :)

Another name back out of the woodwork. Nice to see you've still got the 'rado..... even with the BMW!

Another name back out of the woodwork. Nice to see you've still got the 'rado..... even with the BMW!

Hello! :D

BMW was the natural progression from the ED30 I had. Need to do a few motorway miles now and there is/was no other car that offered the practicality, petrol performance/noise and + 30mpg and + 300bhp ;)

Silver was the only colour I could get! Do they do other colours?

It is a manual 335i and not a 320D auto at least ;)

Is that right you don't have a Corrado anymore? :o

Hope all is well with you and this lovely mad house

Or worse, a 120d :lol:

Yeah sold mine in 2012 but I still haunt this place :D

I bought a MK4 R32 as a boost project but I'm struggling to find a turbo kit I'm happy with at the moment, and one that isn't massively over priced!

I had a little tussle with a 135i Coupe yesterday morning on the way to work. Pretty quick those things. I could just about keep up if I rowed the gearbox :lol:

Or worse, a 120d :lol:

Yeah sold mine in 2012 but I still haunt this place :D

I bought a MK4 R32 as a boost project but I'm struggling to find a turbo kit I'm happy with at the moment, and one that isn't massively over priced!

I had a little tussle with a 135i Coupe yesterday morning on the way to work. Pretty quick those things. I could just about keep up if I rowed the gearbox :lol:

Good work with the haunting :D I thought there would be turbo kits a plenty for the R32? Always remember seeing that Mk4 R32 on you tube years ago murdering the guy in the BMW Z4.

M135i is the car to have, reminded me of the Corrado a little. Massive awesome powertrain in a small Hatch :)

Only a few companies make turbo kits for R32s, which swings the supply & demand ratio in their favour. There are some truly ridiculous prices. JBS being one example!

Yeah I remember that video. I hope that was an Z4M because that MK4 didn't pull away *that* quickly from it. Well, I didn't think so at least, but then I do have an all or nothing attitude :D

I have a big soft spot for the 1M. It looks proper butch like the Corrado and with some chipping, has the power to match. I think they're pretty weeny turbos on that engine as 380ish is the most I've seen remaps offer? A VR6 turbo barely breaks into a sweat making 400hp from a large turbo.

I think they're pretty weeny turbos on that engine as 380ish is the most I've seen remaps offer? A VR6 turbo barely breaks into a sweat making 400hp from a large turbo.

Its a twin scroll single turbo so although it doesn't make much more than 380bhp with a new cooler and pipes its the way it picks up from a 1000rpm that's the beauty. And if you like DSG the ZF 8 speed box is peachy. Although I preferred the manual. Auto was a bit busy on the paddles....

Hi it's my first post so go easy please, I was daydreaming about the best cars I've owned and guessed what popped up the two corrado vr6s i owned back in the 90s the first one was a moonlight blue pearl with grey cloth purchased nearly new in April 95 from hasledens for the life in me I could not remember the reg, it was sold to a guy from Purly in London with 16k miles (loved to know what happened to that one) with an ex demo e36 m3 on the way I needed the cash that brings me onto the second one, it was just by chance I found a receipt for this very vehicle m907 jpc!! Yes I was the person who sold Matt this car, I came by this car trough boredom I was bored of the m3 the performance wasn't usable on the public roads, so I decided on another corrado, trying to find an ultra low miles was nigh on impossible in the late 90s but this one came up at a franchised dealer called advent in Liverpool, with only 15k miles and grey leather recaros I snapped it up as Matt explained it had abt coil overs which were truly rock hard so I set about returning back to stock this car never let me down, it's funny how certain cars can get under your skin for me it was these two corrados as an idea of what there up against here's a list of the cars I've owned since I sold m907 jpc

1999 s3 (oettinger modified)

2003 mk4 r32 (new)

2005 e46 m3

2009 mk5 gti 5 door (remapped)

2010 scirrocco r dsg

2012 audi rs3 (current)

So if the low mile corrado vr6 ever comes along again the piggy will be cracked open!

Matt I applaud you for hanging onto this car I knew it was going to a good home! If your ever by Leeds pop by I'd love to see it again!

Ubbs