Leonard

Removing the rear Corrado badge

Before I make a mess.....

Does the rear corrado badge just pull out?

Or do I need to loosen something from the inside of the boot?

Thanks

Matt

The blue / black grommets same as a MK3, peanuts from VAG

Shit just broken it :shrug: LOL Do you get grommets with a new badge or shall I need both.

Thanks for your help

Matt

new badges are hard to get iirc, well i know the chrome ones are

the little blues things are really cheap from VW, there is a part number floating around the forum somewhere

The Corrado badge is just a badge. According to my version of ETKA, the only version you can get is the chrome one, which is 3A0 853 675

The grommets are about 20p a pop, you need 4 of them and the part number is 191 853 615 A.

The Corrado badge is just a badge. According to my version of ETKA, the only version you can get is the chrome one, which is 3A0 853 675

The grommets are about 20p a pop, you need 4 of them and the part number is 191 853 615 A.

Dinkus you are a wonder thankyou.

At least I didnt snap the Storm badge :gag:

Cheers all

Matt

can you still buy them from VW?

As far as I am aware m8 yeah :)

NOT A CHANCE GUYS! Chrome ones are now obsolete but try arz tuning website in germany for a good replica.

It's still worth trying to order a badge from VW though. If they get enough people ordering them, they might do another run of them... you never know.

And I'm sure you've worked it out, but any other badges on the back - Storm, VR6, G60, 16v, etc are all stuck on.

The chrome badges are no longer available......I know because I bought the last 2 in the UK ordered from VW UK in Milton Keynes, and one turned up broken, so I got that one for free and glued it back together. There is no more in Germany either.

You can still buy OEM ones on eBay for a price and can spray them silver, won't look as good as OEM chrome, and as mentioned above you can get replica ones from a few companies.

Yup, happened to be getting some parts today at VW dealer and asked on-the-off-chance if they could check their ETKA systems for chrome rear "Corrado" badge and chrome front "VR6" badge, and yes, both are def. no longer available :( (rear badge deleted in 2004)

I am also considering removing my rear "Corrado" to fix a paint chip but bit nervous now! I believe that rather than trying to get a screwdriver or other tool behind push fit badges like this, a good removal method is to feed some of those thin plastic self locking wiring ties behind and try to position beside or either side of, each badge fixing lug. Then pull badge off little by little, keeping it as straight as possible. Anyone tried this?

David,

Edinburgh.

i use fishing line and just slide that under the badges and kind saw along the back of the badge with it

On the Corrado badge though it has plugs.

I was pretty careful with mine but it still snapped. Plastic was very brittle. Probably be able to glue it but..

i still get it off with fishing line, i think i just "sawed" up to the lugs then carefully pulled it a bit.

Yes i guess that could work.

Update on VW parts availabilty:

Corrado badge and grommets for badge

Rear VW emblem

VR6 badge front and rear

are all unavailable...

Pity there isn't an "obsolete parts list" somewhere ... (subtitled "bits you'd better not break").

am sure you can still get the grommets as i bought a few last time i went and i think lots of VWs have the same thing

The grommets are definitely available. I bought some the other day, they're used on loads of cars...

The grommets are definitely available. I bought some the other day, they're used on loads of cars...

Probably under a different part no ie non Corrado one...