Sign in to follow this  
blue95

OIl line price?

Just got a oil drain pipe made up from pirtek (50cm braided pipe), I gave them the end flanges. They welded fittings to the end and then fitted the braided pipe with compresed collars.

Cost came to £120? does that seem right? thought it was a bit much?

Just wondered what others had experienced cost wise?

:nuts: are you mad? i would have told them to fcuk right off with that price!!! the braid hose and fittings delevered from speedflow would have been allot cheaper than that mate.

Yeah Pirtek are very good but also very expensive...

I got some mid brake hoses made up to my own spec, with replaceable stainless ends - came to £60 the pair, roughly the cost of a 6 line goodridge kit in mild steel...

Got a quote to copy a new VAG clutch slave hose I have - said this would be £70 to be the same quality but with stainless unions.

Was quoted £60 originally, will chalk this one down to experience :(

Any contact details for speedflow greatly appreciated :( as I still need a few bits and bobs making up

Cheers

I would try agricultural dealers too. Many of them can crimp ends on hydraulic hose....

I had nothing but good service from Pirtek in Crawley when i was living up that way a few years ago.

I guess it depends which franchise you goto but the guys up there couldn't have been more helpful if they tried, they made feed and return lines for my TD04 turbo onto a Saab of mine with new fittings both ends for about 20 quid.

Sounds like you've been stitched up, i guess they will be drinking Earl Grey for the next few months :lol:

I had nothing but good service from Pirtek in Crawley when i was living up that way a few years ago.

I guess it depends which franchise you goto but the guys up there couldn't have been more helpful if they tried, they made feed and return lines for my TD04 turbo onto a Saab of mine with new fittings both ends for about 20 quid.

Sounds like you've been stitched up, i guess they will be drinking Earl Grey for the next few months :lol:

Rung head office (very nice peeps) and checked charges, appears the prices are right. LOL

Have to admit the hose is very well made (all stainless inc fittings etc) - guess I got what I paid for, probably overkill for my application though.