Sign in to follow this  
blown the case

Oiling 6 plugs ?

Hello there, new to the forum so bear with me

I have recently purchased a 1993 corrado vr6 with an engine problem. It oils up all six plugs after a thousand miles or so, had various suggestions of what the problem may be & it seems to be terminal. The car has done 60000 miles with a fair amount of history. I was trying to source another complete engine ( distributor type not coil pack ) to simply transplant in, rather than going down the road of expensive diagnostics to confirm the problem. However the distributor engines seem a little rare !!

Any one out there with any suggestions or engines lying around ?

In anticipation.......BLOWN

Welcome to the forum - might be worth editing your thread and putting a description of the problem in the thread title...

What oil are you using?

Oiling up all six is unusual. Do you have any detailed history on the engine? 60k miles is a very short lifetime to wind up burning that much oil.

I would guess, but it's just a guess, that the problem is just the head, but without further info (compression and leak down tests..) you can't really say for sure.

You are certain it's oil and not petrol foulling the plugs? A simple engine sensor fault can cause petrol foulling in all 6.

Hey cheers for that, I got the car as a non runner, so have not actually had it fired up yet, I live on the Isle Of Man, where the car was purchased from a main agent vw dealer, all the history exists & seems legit, up until a year or so, I doubt its been fiddled with.

I have been told that the head gasket had been replaced, there seems to be little coolant in header tank, or oil in the engine ( not sure wot oil though ? )

I have had an ignition problem sorted now so hope to get it fired up soon.

Been told the simplest option is to simply change the motor ? but struggling to pick a distrbutor type engine up ?

Blown

The 93 dizzy engine pre-dates the breather filter system fitted to the later coilpack engines.

I bet you just have a rubber pipe coming off the rocker cover and going straight into the intake pipe?

I've seen all 6 plugs oil up on engines like this and it's not necessarily terminal just yet.

What you need is either the intake pipe from a later engine (£100ish from VW) or the breather filter system on it's own to plumb into your existing (rubber?) intake pipe, and then attach a vacuum feed to it from either the servo hose or T into the fuel pressure regulator.

Try that and see if the oiling subsides.

I've never seen a VR6 with all 6 cylinders borked through general wear and tear.

Hey Fella cheers for that, definately worth a try :) Have you actually had a similar problem personally ? As I state the car seems origional and doubt very much its had the mileage wound back, I am getting a vee dub mad G60 golf mk 1 / 2 mate to do the work and help me with the car, so any further advise would be greatly appreciated at this stage, obviously I dont wanna go throwing a load of dosh at the car now if the motor may be dead ? Hoping to get the plugs out and get it running later this week when time allows.

Cheers again.......Blown

The 93 dizzy engine pre-dates the breather filter system fitted to the later coilpack engines.

I bet you just have a rubber pipe coming off the rocker cover and going straight into the intake pipe?

I've seen all 6 plugs oil up on engines like this and it's not necessarily terminal just yet.

What you need is either the intake pipe from a later engine (£100ish from VW) or the breather filter system on it's own to plumb into your existing (rubber?) intake pipe, and then attach a vacuum feed to it from either the servo hose or T into the fuel pressure regulator.

Try that and see if the oiling subsides.

I've never seen a VR6 with all 6 cylinders borked through general wear and tear.