Sign in to follow this  
horney

Horney's Black 94 2.0 16v Plus - Sadly sold but thanks guys!

Looking very nice - love it in black. I have to say I don't mind mine in red but I didn't have much choice, I saw it in Auto Trader and had to buy it even though I couldn't drive at the time.

Know what you mean about gremlins, only been driving her for 3 days (and relatively sedately considering I've just passed) and today she decides (about a mile from home) that she won't idle but cuts out at low revs. Had to limp home doing kangaroo impressions.

I actually really wanted a yellow one but this one was local, in my budget (just!) and too good to turn down.

Mines not idling right at the moment either mate, seems the valvers have this issue no matter what colour they are, ha ha.

Nick

I actually really wanted a yellow one but this one was local, in my budget (just!) and too good to turn down.

Mines not idling right at the moment either mate, seems the valvers have this issue no matter what colour they are, ha ha.

Nick

I don't think I'd mind dodgey idling as long as it didn't cut out right after starting :)

Spent today with a mate fitting the KR cam from a 1.8 and replacing my thermostat. Now goes much quicker and runs at the right temp. Result!

Nick

Nick,

I've just bought a 2.0 16V also plus a set of KR Cams - Did you fit both or just the Inlet? How difficult was it and is there a noticeable difference?

When you drill the airbox am I right in thinking that it's only the side nearest to the wing that needs doing?

Ian :D

Just the cam that's driven by the chain and not the belt (inlet I think). We undid all the caps on the cam being changed and removed them after marking up the chain and both cams. Then we loosen the caps on the other cam and carefully lifted it from the dizzy end. THis allowed us enough play to remove the other cam without touching the cambelt or timing. Fitted new cam making sure the dots and the chain marks were lined up then re torqued all the caps and then bunged her back together.

Yup drill the airbox on the wing side and only drill the bottom section.

Nick

My mate Guy came over today to detail the old girl before the show tomorrow.

Before a wash or anything:

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1680.jpg

Car washed but nothing done to the wheels:

IMG_1684.jpg

Guy doing the bizz with the lambs wool mit:

IMG_1682.jpg

Masked up:

IMG_1689.jpg

Guy doing the polisher ting:

2901447447_00e100d45a.jpg

50/50 split on the bonnet:

2901447453_ba81f5320d.jpg

By the time we were finished it was too dark to get any shots so will get some from the show tomorrow.

Nick

Good isn't it? I have to confess to being of the opinion that detailing is for "Geeks and loners" until today. I really didn't think it would make much of a difference unless you stared at the paint finish but really it has transformed the car. The nly downside is my stonechips and parking dents show up worse than before! Ah well best get saving for Dents Away and a bonnet repaint!

Best thing about this day was it was free as I wired in his DRL's on his MKIII Golf Gti and tested his compression as he thought he may have had head gasket issues.

Nick

:shock: that 50/50 split looks the business, this is what i need doing to my C. Unfortunatley no time tonight just finished washing my car before a show tomorrow :lol:

*News Flash*

Reuters London: In a Statement from Horney Plc MD Nick Horne it was announced that there would be an immanent expenditure on a new set of rims. This will be the biggest single car modding purchase for Horney Plc since they heavily invested in modifying a Classic Mini back in the early naughties. More soon.

*End*

Maybe today, it all depends on delivery. I'm not sure I can get them delivered to work as although it's not a problem for work itself I won't be able to drive it home with the other rims in the boot without major scrubbage issues! I can't leave 4 17" rims and tyres by my desk and take em home one a day really either. Probably have to book a half day and get em delivered at the flat. This brings about problem number 2. Mrs Horney will go ape if she knows how much I'm spending so I need to avoid her finding out they're brand new and instead claim they're slightly used and were a bargain!

Nick

ROFL... try walking in from work with a KW box in your arms, thinking you've beaten her home and can nip out to the shed... only to hear "Hi Babe" when you open the door! Followed by "How much were they?"

Shed was cold that night! :lol:

ROFL... try walking in from work with a KW box in your arms, thinking you've beaten her home and can nip out to the shed... only to hear "Hi Babe" when you open the door! Followed by "How much were they?"

Shed was cold that night! :lol:

I had a similar issue with coilovers once. She was out for the day and I figured I could them fitted on the passat for she got home. I didn't take into account the possibility of a stuck bolt or two. She rolled up to the flat with her friend just as I was fitting the last one on the rear. Boy was I in trouble!

Come on give us a sneaky peek of what they are :D

You'll have to endure the suspense although I think I may have built it all up a bit too much and you'll al find it an anti climax!

Nick

Well I'm off work this morning waiting for the courier and I'm getting bored/frustrated. I'm like a kid waiting for christmas morning to come round!

nick

DSC00203.jpg

DSC00204.jpg

DSC00205.jpg

DSC00206.jpg

DSC00207.jpg

Sorray about the crappy phone pics but it's hissing it down I'm not getting my proper camera wet.

I figured they looked good on a TT so should look good on a Rado. Also Andy on here has some on his Blue Valver and they looked really good.

Nick