Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Anyone ever sold their corrado to TCS?

just curious really if anyone has, not sure they'd still be on the forum if people have got rid of their corrado, but never know.

Sure they are good for a quick sale, however they will only give you low end trade price Im sure. You may as well just sell it privately at a really keen price.

I looked at a VR at TCS, matey seemed pissed off when i didn't buy it, also wasn't keen on going for a test drive - only let me drive it 2 minutes down the road. It didn't even get up to temp, seemed a bit shady to me... But maybe i caught him on a bad day?

He's based in Swadlincote i think, not too far from me to be honest.

All i know from autotrader adverts is that he likes to charge, shall we say, a 'slight premium' over the usual prices

I sold the Campaign to him... he seemed a bit of an opportunist, but then what car trader isn't?

As for parts - he's probably pretty hopeless to be honest, he doesn't seem to know an awful lot about Corrados, but seems keen to sell them.

Oh, and he hates the Forum btw ;) Made the mistake of trying to sell a 16v on here once apparently...

A forum, and particularly this one IMHO, is all about give and take. He came on here trying to pick up cars as cheap as possible and uses the site to try and flog them on with extreme margins.

He takes everything he can and give nothing back in return.

We usually allow commercial advertising with prior consent but he's done nothing and it would seem, doesn't really give much of a toss about his customers either.

That's my personal problem with him. Other mods and members may feel very differently.

yup was the same with me, didnt seem to care less that i wanted to give him just shy of 3 grand in cash, was more concerend about going to see a g60 that was near london, i told him it was my only day off so it was either then or not at all. so he pretty much said well looks like its not at all then. on that note i went and found the one i actually bought from a bloke near mansfield. genuine bloke who worked in the vauxhall dealer in sheff :) very happy buy with TCS he couldnt give a shit

I have heard and read varrying stories on TCS, from what i can gather he is just a buyer and seller of cars

from the impression i get he does not like corrados or any other car for that matter, he just happens to sell them!! a bit like the guy who used to import and sell Rallyes and G60 golfs

he was a nightmare to talk to or ask questions about specific things on the cars as he didnt really know a lot about them he was bringing in all sorts grom Germany and some of it was ropey!!

To be fair though this TCS bloke probably gets a dozen phone calls a day from "spotters" asking if the jack in the boot still has the piece of cloth wrapped round it and the dealer sticker in the rear window!!

some people do expect too much, but then if he wants to sell cars he also needs to butter people up a bit, i wouldnt buy off ANY dealer personally, always had luck with cars from private sellers and you can really scrutinise the cars, dealers are always rushing you and usually hiding/not telling you something in my experience!!!!

I bought my car from TCS, which in hindsight probably wasn't the best idea but to be honest - other than a few little things, the car has been sound. he is a bit of a miserable bastard and was never that helpful when ever i've got in tocuh for parts and obviously, hes going to be trying to rip u off if u sell to him. my verdict: hes a bit of a cowboy but he sorted me with my first vr, so i shouldnt complain too much.

Where is TCS?

Ive read bad things about them on the net but never had any dealings with them myself

Hmmm...not the most helpful comment.

Anyway, as for TCS, I bought my VR6 from them back in September last year for over £5000, ok, he might not have the complete know-all-geek knowledge of some of the chaps on here, but he knows the Corrado sells, he has a fair few there for me to choose from, including a Campagin model (ona CAT-D) he doesn't love them all that much - he is a buyer/seller of cars, its his business, so what if he doesn't know all the ins and outs of the car?! He must be doing alright, it was the first time I went anywhere Derby and his house is alright and he drives a Ferrari 355, so he must be doing something right?

Plus, I've sold a few cars in my time and, for example, when I was selling on a completely mint 53,000 mile late example of a Renault 5 GT Turbo (Phase II) I got sick and tired of the stupid questions I got asked over the phone/e-mail/text and people trying to drive like idiots on a test drive, so I can smpathise (sp?!) with the chap.

Rather than talking about this chap - if your in the market for a Corrado - why don't people actually go and visit him and the cars he has to offer and make your own minds up? If you don't want to buy what he has on offer - then don't!

I bought my mint Vr from TCS and he seemed a really nice chap, My mate knows him really well, and told me that TCS does buy Corrado`s at very cheap prices and makes a fortune out of selling them + he also said that TCS sold over 70 Corrado`s last year..... :D