Sign in to follow this  
be here now

oil light flashes

hi i rolled my g60 corrado so iv put the engine in a mk2 golf started it today it fired up straight away

but the oil light was flashing an the top end sounded very tappy any one got ne ideas as what to do

im thinking of takeing the supercharger belt of so that ant runing ne one now the link to the page telling

u how to do this.dont no why i ant got ne oil going round the engine ne one got any ideas

stupid question first, have you checked the oil level?

does the buzzer sound or is it just the light coming on? perhaps your oil pump has gone funny.

Yeah, something similar with me. The oil light and buzzer come on at 2000 revs when the engine is hot, goes off again when I downshift. Of course, 2000 revs is 50mph in 5th, so you can imagine how often it comes on! Haven't solved it yet.

hi i rolled my g60 corrado so iv put the engine in a mk2 golf started it today it fired up straight away

but the oil light was flashing an the top end sounded very tappy any one got ne ideas as what to do

im thinking of takeing the supercharger belt of so that ant runing ne one now the link to the page telling

u how to do this.dont no why i ant got ne oil going round the engine ne one got any ideas

Was the engine running when the corrado was upside down at all?

I'd recheck the level and get someone with a guage to check the oil pressure.

no dnt think it was running for a long time think it stalled straight away

when i started it the nocking sound was quiet then it started getting louder

so i turned it of going to get a sump gasket tomoro have a look c if i can

see anything wrong i did put 5w 40 oil instead of my useall 10w 40 but cant see that

would make any differance

Don't think the oil will make much difference. Get a Pro to look at it before you do any damage.

ya would like to get a pro in but going cost iv got a thew friends who r into golf

so thay should have a oil pressure gauge u think i should get a smaller drive belt

so i can disconect the supercharger dnt wnt to fry that just had it rebuilt last year

cool i thought about doing that but were,nt to sure took the sump of today there was a small amount of brass

in the oil but nothing to bad the pick up pipe was clean took the pump of could,nt see ne thing wrong with it

the cogs inside looked ok didnt no what to do so packed up an went to vw an brought a new oil pump

118£ ouch an new shells if it still sounds bad after ill sell the fecking thing lol