Sign in to follow this  
jmig118

lights in the ac

I assume you mean that the a/c buttons no longer light up when you push them in. If you have the std VW switch (which I assume you do, as you are in the US) then the 2 switches/bulb/etc is all in one unit. There is a small bulb soldered into the top of the switch unit which is on all the time the ignition is on - the buttons are mounted on slidable light guides that when pressed, slide up alongside the bulb and so light up the text in the button. From looking at mine the bulb does not look as if its designed to be replaced, but that doesn't mean you can't get busy with a soldering iron. Sorry I can't be of more help.

I assume you mean that the a/c buttons no longer light up when you push them in. If you have the std VW switch (which I assume you do, as you are in the US) then the 2 switches/bulb/etc is all in one unit. There is a small bulb soldered into the top of the switch unit which is on all the time the ignition is on - the buttons are mounted on slidable light guides that when pressed, slide up alongside the bulb and so light up the text in the button. From looking at mine the bulb does not look as if its designed to be replaced, but that doesn't mean you can't get busy with a soldering iron. Sorry I can't be of more help.

jmig118,will have the early slider heating controls and not the later rotary one like you..........IIRC the A/C in the early style controls is worked by the same knob as the fan speed is