Sign in to follow this  
Leonard

HELP! Im getting fed up, need a decent auto electrician!

Right Im getting really fed up not being able to track down why my drivers side electric window keeps blowing the fuse and Im fed up that I cannot find out why my drivers side central locking has packed up. Oh and typically my car has just come back from its respray and now the front indicator doesnt work despite the bulb being fine and the connections looking ok :scratch:

I also need some speakers fitting and a new headunit puutting in.

Can anyone recommend somebody that know's their stuff and Corrado's well and doesnt charge stupid amounts of money.

I certainly dont mind paying decent money if the problems are going to be fixed, but not if someone is going to fart about for a week trying to find the problem but ultimately failing :grin:

I live in Derbyshire but to be honest I would travel as far south as Cornwall and as far north as Inverness to get these problems sorted! They are making me hate my car and that is not good... :sad:

Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks

Matt

Take your drivers door panel off and check that the wire coming from the exterior door handle is not fouling when the window moves up or down.

If it's not that wire that's causing the fault then it's more than likely a wiring problem where the wires pass through the door pillar into the door itself. Over the years the constant opening and shutting of the door can fracture wires in that part of the loom.

Thanks guys, Based in Matlock, Derbyshire. As I said though I dont mind travelling ANYWHERE to fix it :D

Had door card off (and is still off!).

All wiring looks fine. Even in the door pillar.

Central locking pump looks fine.

Tried new door handle fine.

Had my normal mechanic look at it.

Just given up now and want someone to make it better LOL

Now I don't believe that with all these Corrado owners in one place that not one know's a good auto electrician! :D LOL

If you don't mind travelling anywhere then JMR in Littlehampton is a wizz.

Thanks guys, Based in Matlock, Derbyshire. As I said though I dont mind travelling ANYWHERE to fix it :D

Had door card off (and is still off!).

All wiring looks fine. Even in the door pillar.

Central locking pump looks fine.

Tried new door handle fine.

Had my normal mechanic look at it.

Just given up now and want someone to make it better LOL

If you don't mind travelling anywhere then JMR in Littlehampton is a wizz.

Your not just testing me are you sending me about as far south as I could go :wink: LOL

If I cant find anyone nearer that is def doable as my GF is in London and we keep saying we should go and see some friends in Brighton.

Cheers m8