Sign in to follow this  
Fat Tony

BP ultimate

yes there is a thread on this&yes it is supposed to be better than optimax(well since shell lowerer octane rateing)caios they are supposed to be getting it at the bp station on leeds road in january :lol:

i put some in here on saturday night on the way out with the lads, i was five up and the old girl was pulling like i was the only bod in the car! mental

100 RON in some European countries although I think it's closer to 90 RON in this country. :shock:

its 98 in spain and uk i believe

imho the ultimate we get here is not as good as optimax... some of our cars pink on it and not on the optimax ... mabee it aint as good down here as you guys up north ... :lol:

will need tp try it myself i guess as mixed responce Only just got my optimax point card as well :cry: suppose the nector card will now gain the benifits of my rapid use of fuel :lol:

I dont know what ron it is but my VR pulls like a train.........

Where are you getting the stuff from james :shock: I haven't seen it anywhere yet :( . I am looking after your wheels by the way 8) should be able to get them back on Saturday.

Cheers

Mike

depends which way you lok at it.

the overall rating isn't used over here whereas in US they use average of the 2 RON and MON. they get 94. out best goes probly 93 tops. so it aint that good.

IIRC its 100 RON and 86MON

so 100+86/2=93

so its probly not as good as what the US gets still and we pay shite loads.

so add toluene

for a 15 gallon tank

14 gallon of ultimate +1 gallon tol=

94.4RON US

or

101.3 UK

not 100% on maths but pretty sure.

Have you *seen* the price of toluene lately!!! ;)

If you're messing with toluene, make well sure you don't get it on ANYTHING other than where it's intended. It'll dissolve most things and is rather carcinogenic.

Have fun out there kids.. :)

Uncle Matt. ;)

Seems OK, filled the tank with it before the rolling road day at Star P and got a good run. Fuel could have helped not sure ??

Sandy G60

used normal unleaded before rr at at star and some stp octane and go an excellent run.

How much dearer per tank is the ultimate compared to normal as the bottle of octane stuff only cost a 5 spot from halfords and i ended up with 210bhp (induction and exhaust) on my vr6!

could be a consideration yes or no?

depends which way you lok at it.

the overall rating isn't used over here whereas in US they use average of the 2 RON and MON. they get 94. out best goes probly 93 tops. so it aint that good.

i lived in California for a few years and the max RON out there is 91!!! mt Corrado hated it cos its a euro version

the RON there is 87, 89 & 91

California is just WEIRD!!

Strictest emissions regs in the known universe, due to the horrendous pollution problems.