Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

4Motion bought - update 8th April (P7)

Listened to my head rather than the heart and acquired this little beauty - picking it up from sunny Aberdeen on Saturday

Have you bought a miniture car?

Remember, if it doesn't say "Micromachines" then it's not the real thing!

Nice buy mate! :D I was contemplating one before the G60. So what's gonna be the first mod? :lol:

No way, a local car and you paid that!!!! To be fair there are a quite a few of them going about Aberdeen.

First mod should definitely be the suspension as its the only thing that really lets them down

Alexander - I love the MK4's interior, far superior to the MK5 in terms of quality. I would not have gone for anything other than a V5 or V6, I've had a couple of 1.8T engined cars and whilst I know they have massive tuning potential I just think they arebland and characterless, the V engines are in a different league in terms of refinement and character - at the price I paid it was pretty much a no brainer

I like it, sort of grown up choice.....first mod has to be to get rid of the wooden effect gear nob and handles !!!

Alexander - I love the MK4's interior, far superior to the MK5 in terms of quality. I would not have gone for anything other than a V5 or V6, I've had a couple of 1.8T engined cars and whilst I know they have massive tuning potential I just think they arebland and characterless, the V engines are in a different league in terms of refinement and character - at the price I paid it was pretty much a no brainer

Spot on there and Ive had a Mk5. The Mk4's were a massive jump from the Mk3 and still cut it today. I really dont think you will get a better all round car than a 5dr 4motion. There small enough to still be relatively quick, you can throw it around, 4wd is great with our climate (and for future FI upgrades), the hatchback allows you to haul big loads, there nice and subtle, sound great standard and all for less than £3k. Ive just talked myself into getting another I think.

Stan, dont fancy a Tdi do you?

Danny B - I normally hate the wooden stuff in the Golf but it sort of works with the interior colour - don't really know what I'd replce it with, I don't think aluminium trim would look right somehow

Coullsatar - I'm really looking forward to getting it, now doubled my resolve to sell the G60 as I can then start spending on the 4Mo, suspension and wheels are definitely in order

nooooo Andy you can never like walnut trim in your car :shock: unless your over 60 or drive a rover.......Definatly not aluminium just matt black would work I reakon, it would have similar effect as storm biege leather interiors :clap: !!

I have a lot of the wooden trim that I took off the old Bora - might flat it down and spray it black to see how it looks.

My Brothers got the wood trim in his gttdi i think its acceptable in the less power cars but what were VW thinking when they put wood trim in a V6 4motion baffles me! Anyway good buy Andy glad you stayed clear of the Alfas.

Jon_VR6 - the Alfa was very tempting, not the 2.0TS 156 but the ex Press car 166. It had absolutely every option available on it, only had 55k on the clock, full history, the 3.0 V6 with manual box, it just needed a good machine polish and I could have had it for 2.5k - was about to buy it when a good friend of mine told me about a friend of his has just had his 166 declared a write off because he heater matrix needed replacing

Really happy with the Golf - something about the VW badge gives me peace of mind