Supercharged

Halfords Trade Card Info and Prices

What kind of discount do you get on engine oils, with a trade card then?

I normally receive around £5 discount on oil that costs around £23-24. So around 20% Id guess..!

I went in to get a brake light a while back, it cost £3.49 or something for a pack of 2, wasn't gonna bother with my trade card coz the price was relatively low anyways and thought why bother? In the end I thought 'may as well', used it, and got both bulbs for about 50p!! :shock:

I laughed to the girl on checkout and said, "the worst thing is, ur still making a profit on them aren't u!!?", she just laughed!

I have a trade card which is very good for certain items like plugs filters bulbs ect but when i went to buy other stuff like tools , car battery , sprays , oils and powersteering fluid i had no discount at all they informed me its cause they where not classed as service parts

I have a trade card which is very good for certain items like plugs filters bulbs ect but when i went to buy other stuff like tools , car battery , sprays , oils and powersteering fluid i had no discount at all they informed me its cause they where not classed as service parts

Thats strange, I've had discount (albeit small) on tools, but plenty of discount to be had on oils and batteries. £90 battery down to £50.

As an RAF aircraft tech I blagged a trade card, though it took some convincing, which I use quite a bit for consumables, but for parts I still find partco or unipart and even GSF cheaper than there for parts such as bearings, disks fuel pumps etc etc

Doing my mk1 caddy I found that when you ordered the parts they would take upto 3 weeks to become available.... And to be honest the shelf monkeys at halfords in Basingstoke are rubbish on the computer, so wIting 2 weeks for a fuel pump which turned out to be the wrong one anyways..... I should and did in the end go to partco and saved 11 quid on halfords.

The weakest part if the trade card is the staff, so I end up just buying items from there I can select without having to consult them.... Oh and the tool discounts are good plus their spanners don't seem to be made of cheesium, just wish cleaning products were included

Prob just the idiots who work in the one by me then , my card dont swipe for some reason so they have to punch the code in knowing them muppets they can only type to 5 lmao

i've had mine for a few years now, but used it last week for the first time in ages, i bought a new battery for the other halfs car,after they spent a good 10 minutes trying to swipe it,they punched the numbers in, and said,"that will be £15 please sir" obviously i never queried it,paid and left...... bargain :lol:

Yeah Bosch bulbs, wiper blades, batteries, plugs etc are peanuts and way cheaper than GSF etc - All tools, boxes and some chemicals should be discounted too, I use mine all the time.

I use TPS for oil though and always stick to genuine filters - All Synta is currently (till end of play today) on 20% off so 4x5 Ltr Silver (10w-40) is £29.44+vat

I use TPS for oil though and always stick to genuine filters - All Synta is currently (till end of play today) on 20% off so 4x5 Ltr Silver (10w-40) is £29.44+vat

Thanks for the heads up. I've just ordered some :D

Managed to blag a Trade card using my Forces ID last week. Was really easy actually, bloke asked me what my trade was in the Navy, I said I'm an Engineer (I am) and he didn't question it, just handed the card over and explained what I could and couldn't get discount on. Decided to put it into practice on something cheap, so got some washer jet hose. Should be £2.99, got it for £1.19. :dance:

yeah, I have a trade card too and it's a very useful thing to have. I saved over £30 on a battery the other day :)

You save loads of money on service items - batteries, wiper blades and bulbs... well worth it if you can blag one!

Halfords?!! :scratch: Im kinda surprised. Supercharged, do u work for them cos ... well, their general mark up its considerable compared to autofactors and u always recommend them. just checking. i could be wrong so no offense intended but ... halfords, really?

i use a local auto factors (which have national branches) and always barter and generally get VAT off every time. my experience with halfords is that they are well overpriced - as the average joe doesnt know where to shop.

again, no offense mate. maybe im naive

halfords are very expensive at retail price. at trade price they're comparible to gsf etc. if i need bulbs or wipers they're loads closer for me than gsf so i go there. if i needed discs/pads/filters i'd make the journey.

in other news i need a new trade card... mine split in three being used as a makeshift ice scraper the other night. perhaps i'll treat myself to a real one when i go in :lol:

got a guy local to me that usually beats the big suppliers esp halfords,gsf and motabitz ie gsf wanted £92 plus vat for a clutch for my golf he got it for £80 all in if your localto poole/ bournemouth give me a holler and i can send you his way

got a guy local to me that usually beats the big suppliers esp halfords,gsf and motabitz ie gsf wanted £92 plus vat for a clutch for my golf he got it for £80 all in if your localto poole/ bournemouth give me a holler and i can send you his way

Was it you who bought yandard's nugget?

what was the reg as i bought her off a girl locally to me would love to find out some of her history tho :)

pm if its easier :)

not me then mines a 16v 1.8 :) bit of a dog when i first got it although everything worked just tired but slowly getting there with her now

Keep going with it mate nobody on here will judge the model you have:salute:

going to bud the girl i bought her off was just pleased i wasnt goin g to break and sell for parts

i'd rather sell my misses :) ( dont tell her i said that as she loves my raddo too )

Bosch Aero Twin 19" Single Wiper Blade - RRP £16.49, Trade - £8.25

Comma White Grease 500ml Spray can - RRP £5.99, Trade - £4.79