Sign in to follow this  
C488ADO

You could have sounded a little less shocked that the person you asked to call you regarding the work done on their corrado was female! lol

Anything else you need to know just give me a shout.

A thought on your leather-why dont you just dye it all beige? LEss hassle than selling the grey and trying to find beige plus they are already recaros. You can dye all the plastics too.

lol i had just thought the same thing!!!

thanks fo the call though nikki, cheers to your other half too!!

i thought what about the rear shelves next to the parcel shelf?? the handbrake lever?? the dash??

i would like a beige dash if i was going to do it..........

how do you dye the plastics???

Yep you can dye all that, all the plastic trim, pillars etc inc the dash.

you can either rub the plastics down and then dye it or you can just dye it - I didnt rub the plastics on mine down and you cant tell the difference between the plastics that were dyed and the plastics that were originally that colour.

Look at the pics on my thread from when the beige went in. Look at the rear ashtray and the handbrake triangle and compare them to the other bits. The rear ashtray and handbrake triangle were grey and we dyed them.

With regards to the carpet-You may have to source one or get one made up. I'm sure there is somewhere out there or some product you can use to dye it though.

The dye I used is from www.furnitureclinic.co.uk They charge £5 on top of the stated prices for a colour match. I sent them a cutting of the beige leather to get a perfect match. They sent the kit out the next day.

That headlight mod looks quite good, i am due to take my headlights apart this weekend so i may try the look with a small line of electrical tape to see what it looks like.

Have you got the modified console back yet?

nice clean headlights........my mom would kill me if i did mine in the kitchen lol....ha ha ha

sorry mate, but I can't see any difference with this arches... :( could you place a comparative pic of the "before"?

yes I have just checked this!!!

good job! maybe in near time I will do something like this :lol:

lol thats a good thing!!!!

hmm not sure i have any pics of before il have to take a look.......

but if you go outside and look at your rado , look at the rear bumper where it meets the wheel arch and you will see that the arches stick in about 1/2" from the bumper....i have had them flared so it is flush........

when i poke a pic when it is finished you will see...it is only a subtle mod and hopefully a good one!!!

you managed to get someone to pull the arches properly for you then?

I had my arches done like this feb 07. They were pulled an inch each side but I wanted to keep the flat edge so it wasnt noticeable and didnt lose the lines but made all the difference when fitting wide wheels.

I wonder where he got his idea from? :lol:

I had my arches done like this feb 07. They were pulled an inch each side but I wanted to keep the flat edge so it wasnt noticeable and didnt lose the lines but made all the difference when fitting wide wheels.

I wonder where he got his idea from? :lol:

do you have any pics of that job, mate?