Sign in to follow this  
DaveStorm

Storm modifications

Hi all,

I have recently bought a Storm and, because of its relative rarity, I want to keep it looking standard. However I'm wondering what sort of 'sensible mods' you guys can recommend. It appears to be unmodified (at the moment) but I've read that for you are able to make it better for relatively little money ie uprated headlight loom, Lupo GTI wipers, exhaust system (OE appears OK at the mo tho) and airbox modification etc etc. Let me know what you can recommend if possible, and also where you can get it!

Thanks in advance 8)

you pretty much answered it yourself really..

headlight loom from a guy on this forum or build your own (there are many threads on this)

lupo wipers (one big thread on this)

exhaust (group buy on magnex currently underway again see thread)

airbox...something you can look into but there have also been threads on this

Another this is lowering the ride height...most people do that as the corrado sits so high!!

what colour storm do you have by the way?

Thanks JK83, those are along the lines I was thinking, just wondered if there were any I hadn't covered! Upgrading suspension is a possibilty, think it's still on original shocks? (they're red at the rear but not at the front?!) Your exhaust group buy looks a good deal although I dont need one just yet, but I'm not sure what to do there, could get one for the future, just in case!

I've got a Storm with red shocks at the back.

Other people have reported the same aswell, I think it was the only towards the end of production that the used red.

Nothing to worry about :)

Yup, mine too. In addition to the above, Id get a set of clear/red rear lights & clear side repeaters to make it look a bit more up to date. The OE amber bits make it look like your granddad's car.

And mine!

Clear repeaters, a [sensible] lowering and firming up of the suspension.

I'd get a S-Steel exhaust simply cos it saves money long-term and finally beef up the brakes cos I find the VR6 stoppas a tad poor [last car was a CTR, 60-0 in 34metres!]... 8)

Apart from that your a jammy bugger anyway so enjoy the Storm. :D

I wanted one but they all seemed way too expensive over the VR6. :(

get a set of clear/red rear lights & clear side repeaters

I do like the all red rear light clusters but would prefer to keep it looking standard........for the time being :D

Apart from that your a jammy bugger anyway so enjoy the Storm.

I wanted one but they all seemed way too expensive over the VR6.

Well it was only through Rado16v on this forum (Amit, many thanks again mate) that I managed to get it a month ago. A 96k one owner Storm for £5.5k with FVWSH. And am I chuffed?? :D :lol: :D Thought it was a pretty good deal! :D