Sign in to follow this  
jboyslick

SUSPENSION & EXHAUST REPLACEMENTS??

I have a vr6 and am just about to replace the whole of the suspension & associated parts, plus the exhaust.

Could you guys please offer some advice on which suspension, associated parts & exhaust to choose.

I am thinking Magnex exhaust.

Koni t/a's and H&R Springs. I am looking to replace the whole of the ride so if anyone has any advice on associated parts bump stops etc that would be good also.

I would like to lower the car, but will be keeping the standard alloys & putting some decent tires on soon.

Cheers James

I've got the magnex exhaust, looks bang on.

also got Koni t/a's + H&R Springs, they improve the ride a lot but not proper dropped on its arse, just right imo with 16" or 17" wheels

Well I quite like my Scorpion exhaust nice simple round shape and not too big. Great noise, nice fit and is still going strong after almost 8 years!

I have Koni shocks with Eibach springs and although they are great I would if doing it again go for some coilovers. KW Variant 2's seem to be a good balance of performance and price.

General consensus on the forum seems to be that std bushes etc are probably best.

Matt :)

Kw's all the way, exhaust wise im stuck in two minds - can you still buy a new magnex ?? are miltek exhausts any good?

As Mr VR6 says, there are a couple of threads about these things.

Only thing I will suggest is that it's best to try finding out if there are any forum members near you with the exhaust/suspension you're after who wouldn't mind taking you out for a spin in there cars so you can see what they are all like.

Some like boomy exhausts, some dont. Some people think stiff suspension is ok, and vice versa. I have Weitec GT shocks and springs on my VR and I think they're pretty good but others have commented they find it crashy.

I also don't like really loud exhausts so I went for a techtonics system which is stock quiet but 2.5" straight through.

It's all a matter of taste and who ever has one type is going to say "buy x rather than z".