drewiee99

G60 2 years on, engine out because i was bored

All the brackets were shot and water blasted with the help of crazy dave so a big thankyou for that matey. Ive replaced nearly all the bolts with new ones from the stealers,even though they are not as good quality,i also coated the treads with copper grease so they wont seaze like most the old ones did.

Some new bits arrived for the charger a bbm outlet and a specially designed silicon hose to bypass the baffle box. Its a nice bit of kit and looks standard too,neater than the bbm kit with the metal joiner to connect the two hoses together.

Had to get head off as 1 bolt on the front of the head snapped tried to use a easy out but that snapped. Trying to get tdc i put a long screw driver down no1 piston to make sure it was at the top,as i was turning the engine over to get tdc it became really stiff so i put a little pressure on. After a while i realised the driver was stuck and scratched the top of the piston.

With the head off inspected it and it didnt look to bad,inlet valves look nice and clean dont know if thats down to using shell v-power,just waiting for it to come back from cylinder head developments next week after the polishing and porting.

Got a few bits back the exhaust came back from zircotec looks really good lets hope it brings the temp down, their test data from mira shows a 50% reduction in drop in temps compared to a standard manifold,and got the injectors back from cleaning and checking all good and working equal now.

Good work Drewie, had thought about the exhaust coating but I've blown the budget for this year on the engine rebuild :nono:

The alloy looks brill after the blasting treatment, carry on the good work :notworthy: :notworthy:

Nice work fella. Wish I could summon up the same sort of dedication to do the same to my engine.

Keep it up :notworthy:

Matt

cheers guys me and bruny are keeping the corrado alive :D i think you have a good chance at stanford hall,ive blown it cause just fitted a schrick sump.

Got the head back its looks really good and a bargin at £250 all in, polished,exhaust ported and rebuilt. Lets hope this helps me to my target of 220 hp.

The car is having trouble starting,but been out for a run and seems ok and quick low down but loud. Need to take it to jabba to get set up and mapped,i was nervous when it first started had a squeking and the cam belt tensioner was on the wrong way round.(no names but it was not me or pete) also having trouble with the oil pressure buzzer coming on,checked the oil level and ok maybe over full but oil coming out of rocker cover so its circulating.

hey Drew, bay is looking spanking - bet you were so pleased to get it out after all that time!

unsure about the oil pressure buzzer bud - bit of an odd one. maybe check the charger lines for signs of leaks etc... :shrug:

did you manage to get hold of some more bolts for the sump yet - would get that sorted asap if you haven't...

looking forward to catching up with you at UD :grin:

Ok thanks to dave and graham at DG autotech my car is running great now ignition timing and fueling all out. As well as the fan packed up so ordered me a revotec one and a set of fan brackets,saved a little weight and some space looks nice and tidy now. After they took my car for a thrashing dave has a program on his apple mac/i phone for measuring 0-60 and hp it uses gps so is pretty acurate. I was amazed when he said it was 0-60 in 6 sec and around 207hp and that was with those 2 biffters in the car :lol:

On a down note i ordered some ph snow foam to try out on the car for the business followed instructions you can use it neat but i diluted it 1:2 spray it on let it soak rinsed off but it didnt and stained the paint discolouring it and leaving blemishes on the rubbers and the paint. After closer inspection they bottled it up wrong and was a alkaline TFR and should be diluted 10:1.

car looks fantastic, missed this thread before.

had something similar (stains & spotty paint work) with the snow foam (cant remember what make) on my flash red C. some of the car has had new paint in the past & those panels were ok, it was just the original pain ones - bonnet, roof, tail gate that were affected. I polished the affected panels to resolve it, but been reluctant to use it again on the C.

Ok just a quick update, took the corrado to the weigh bridge today with 1/4 tank of fuel in.

1st without driver 1130kg

2nd with driver 1220kg

Thats not to bad but must stop eating biscuits at DG autotech, all crazy dave was interested in was the net weight 90kg :shock: Need to get out on the bike more.

Ok so we think roughly its around 210hp so thats 188hp per tonne done with this convertor.

http://www.letstorquebhp.com/calculator.asp

great work, spanking looking bay you have there, good inspiration for cracking on with my own engine rebuild :salute:

Ok just a quick update, took the corrado to the weigh bridge today with 1/4 tank of fuel in.

1st without driver 1130kg

2nd with driver 1220kg

Thats not to bad but must stop eating biscuits at DG autotech, all crazy dave was interested in was the net weight 90kg :shock: Need to get out on the bike more.

Ok so we think roughly its around 210hp so thats 188hp per tonne done with this convertor.

http://www.letstorquebhp.com/calculator.asp

Id have a problem with you eating all the biscuits if your werent supplying them you bifter :lol:

Id have a problem with you eating all the biscuits if your werent supplying them you bifter :lol:

:lol: 90kg??? you fat oik :lol: no wonder we couldn't see work going on when you stood in front of the camera :lol: Seriously though mate get that flippin bike out as the older you get the harder it becomes to shift it :epicfail:

Those are pretty good figures though matey might have to work mine out now :norty:

No Rob not his year, trying to get ready for tatton if possible need the back end painted and need new shocks and rear bushings.

Cheers kip ive got a frame in my room just have not got the money to build it up yet.

Giant trance frame 4", 2004 marzocchi maraton S forks,tompson stem and seat post, raceface dues polished cranks with 2 rings and a ethirteen bashguard so far, just need wheels and new xt group set.

This is the last time i had my bike a couple of years ago i did a race down town on the cobbles steps at bridnorth, not much room for error but good fun. you can see me on the video signing on.