Sign in to follow this  
KADVR6

AP Racing discs

hi guys,

just in the process of buying some 2nd hand AP callipers/discs etc etc, but i would probably need some new discs straight away :( wheres the best place to buy just the discs, this brake set up is the disc/bell set up but i only need the discs, they are also the 340mm x 32??mm size discs.

cheers

karl

Yeah you'll probable have more luck going thru a supplier as AP are pretty awful when it comes to customer service...

AP brakes are better but I was put off by them so much I went the SEAT / Brembo route as I know parts are easy to get hold of thru the dealer network / TPS.

cheers for the feedback guys, i'm just waiting for replys to my e-mails i have sent.

but has anyone heard of these guys http://aztecperformance.co.uk/pfc.aspx they seem to be getting some very good reviews on the BMW and Skyline forums, and they will supply just the discs that i need for £350, which does not sound tooo bad??

karl

well i have just found out that Alcon brakes main offices/workshop is only 8 miles from my front door, so guess where i'm going on monday morning??

Rally Design also sell AP discs. BG developments as Jonathan mentioned, actually make the bells for AP racing and they are an awesome company to deal with. They did a couple of bespoke jobs for me and the quality was exceptional.

AP Racing don't allow discounting, so beware of any discs that seem too cheap to be true.

You're looking at £180 per rotor (less bell) for 330 x 28mm, so 340s will be about £20 more, depending on the surface type (plain, drilled or grooved, or even fish hook).

You will struggle getting 32mm discs onto a Corrado hub. The 28s rub on the lower ball joint as it is.

And finally, avoid cheap imitations. Discs may seem to be just discs, but it's all in the metal quality. Cheap metal will warp without fail.

just found out the discs are 330 x 28mm discs so i should be ok, have you the part numbers for just the discs available please Kev.

cheers

karl

330x28s, nice one, they'll work well :D

I don't have the part numbers, but they're on AP's site. They are handed discs too, so you'll need to check that when installing them!

They are handed discs too, so you'll need to check that when installing them!

I've got visions if a load of hands flailing out of them as they spin round :lol:

That's how they AP brakes work mate...... hands come out of the disc and grab onto the floor, driveshaft, wheel spokes and anything else it can lay it's, err, hands on :lol:

330x28s, nice one, they'll work well :D

I don't have the part numbers, but they're on AP's site. They are handed discs too, so you'll need to check that when installing them!

handed discs?? what the hell does that mean :?

one side is different to the other - like the hubs are handed for example - the discs are designed separately for different sides, so you can't just swap them over.

you also get handed track-rod-ends etc etc