Sign in to follow this  
VEEDUBBED

Vw golf 3 on 18inch rims??...

Allrite chaps,

I'd like to know if it's possible to fit a set of Audi RS6 multi spoke alloys(or could also be Audi 3.2 TT rims,i can't tell) onto a mk3 chassis golf?.

The tyres are 225/40/18.

Will they bolt on?,bolt pattern ok?,rubbing issues?.

I'm trying to find out some info. for a mate on Passionford.

it depends if the wheels are genuine or replicas and if the golf is 4 or 5 stud. the tyres are pretty wide so you will need to have the arches rolled if you are going to lower it any amount

if i am wrong there will be someone to correct me shortly

Anything 'can' fit,

Has it got the plastic arch spats? - if so you can keep them, but remove them, roll all the arched then refit them without the 1 or 2 central rivet(s) to the body and using a stanley knife trim all the meat off the inside of the plastic over arch.

This allowed me to just TT comps which will be the same offset as a set of 3.2 wheels hopefully, as standard i think the tire size is 225/45/17 which is roughly the same rolling radius but i put 205 40 17's and a 80mm ish drop (sump was so low i hit a bump in the road and totalled that and cracked the gearbox :( ) and only rubbed with people in the you will need to get different tires though mate.

a 225/40/18 is 10% bigger rolling radius than standard so your speedo will be 10% out the best i can think of off my head is run a 215/35/18 which runs 5% out - this is providing your speedo is c0ck on atm

Profile is too big as well, you would need 35 profile tyres. Ride would be abysmal as well no doubt.

yeah to run the golf that low and have big wide wheels i had some spax rsx suspension (i was young! :pukeright: ) and the rear dampers were set almost fully hard and dropped all the way, was a wee bit bumpy with stretched low pros but looked great! (imo!)