Sign in to follow this  
greasegriff

My quest for the perfect Storm! Now supercharged..

suprised Ive not seen a storm around :confused4:

I do most of my commuting towards Bridgend. I am around though!

Hows the exhaust going fella still liking it any probs??

Still going well. Having bedded in and got used to it, it's slightly louder than I was after when you put your foot down but at cruising speed it's great. However, I'm seriously considering going down Vince's Turbo Package route so the exhaust will get a little louder then I'd imagine!!

Change of plan again....bought myself a Schrick manifold off bananawhip! Been wondering about this since.....

Schrick manifold would be a good purchase for quite a bit more driveability and torque from the engine .... if you're not that interested in investing in the idea of forced induction.

I'd been keeping an eye out then saw this and thought why not!

Love the idea of a turbo but can't really justify that kind of money for the time being.

It's being delivered in the next few days so next step is to have a chat with Vince at Stealth and book the baby in to have the Schrick and Schimmel cams fitted and a map to tie it all together. Can't wait!!

Change of plan again....bought myself a Schrick manifold off bananawhip! Been wondering about this since.....

Schrick manifold would be a good purchase for quite a bit more driveability and torque from the engine .... if you're not that interested in investing in the idea of forced induction.

I'd been keeping an eye out then saw this and thought why not!

Love the idea of a turbo but can't really justify that kind of money for the time being.

It's being delivered in the next few days so next step is to have a chat with Vince at Stealth and book the baby in to have the Schrick and Schimmel cams fitted and a map to tie it all together. Can't wait!!

Exciting stuff!- let us know how it goes. The cams and re-map will make a big difference that I do know. I too can't really justify the turbo at the moment but I am getting tempted - will probably need a windfall of some sort to make that idea fly though :(

I just can't make my mind up can I?!

I'm now the proud owner of a set of Schimmel 263's, a Schrick inlet mani and a VF Vortech supercharger set-up! It's not all going to be fitted and I have the Schrick up for sale now but the lure of 300bhp was too much :D

I am a little nervous about the whole thing as the C is my only set of wheels at the moment (other than my Triumph ST1050 :norty: ) but I figure nothing ventured, nothing gained! Will keep everyone posted on developments as they happen.

Good decision. Will watch this with interest - Sounds like fun times ahead :)

Well, after seeing these, I think I've decided to fit the lot (V9, cams & Shrick).

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfN426%20YNN-Torque%20080517.jpg[/attachment:1lwnj8ej]N426%20YNN%20Power%20080517.jpg[/attachment:1lwnj8ej]

It may be a bit of overkill, but I'm hoping I can drop the psi of the 'charger, make things a little less strained and keep things running smoothly.

Got a rear strut brace on order and managed to negotiate to buy a front brace off Greg Kirby too, plus a LSD from the group buy. Happy days!

Shall keep things updated.

The strutbrace got delivered this week and fitted it in less than 30 minutes. Sorted. May just be me but I'm sure the old girl rattles less now!!

Piccies....

this motor is getting better and better, you've done/ doing* everything i want to do, just twenty times quicker!

*except the possible red calipers hehe

OK, the time has come! My little baby is off to Stealth on her hols tomorrow to have :

1. Schrick

2. 263 cams

3. Vortech V9 supercharger

4. General service

5. Map to tie it all together

Think she's gonna be away for a week or two but I can't wait!! I'm hoping I'll have some sexy road tests to report when I get her back!

I was wondering that but then I saw one of the Turbo's that just sold on here that had 312's on it. And that was pushing out 400bhp. I'm not going to be anywhere near that so my 288's should do for now with some new pads & discs!

OK, just a quick update as I now have the car back plus supercharger!! What a bit of kit!! Stealth managed to tease 296.5bhp out of it with 244.5 lb/ft of torque and it makes one hell of a difference!! I'll get some graphs up at some point but to be honest, I'm not too worried about what the numbers are....it's quick, makes me smile and I would recommend it to anybody!!

IMG_4672.jpg

The perceptive ones out there will notice the Schrick did not get fitted as the supercharger kit was piped and ready to go on a standard manifold. The Schrick is therefore up for sale (see below)

The remarkable thing is, it's completely usable!! OK, in first you can't bury your foot straight down (I tried this and there was muchos squeeling!) but get into 2nd and especially third and the thing just takes off!! I was slightly concerned that I was going to have a completely unusable car that was going to overheat, rip my tyres to bits and make hideous noises but it makes all the right noises, holds around 100 degrees (I haven't caned it yet) and goes like stink!!

I've now got for sale a few bits which are redundant after having it fitted so have a look....http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=92674#p1067663

She now needs a good wash and I'm going to try my hand at claying her next weekend maybe!!

Great stuff, sounds like a whole lot of fun going on there :)

Did you change up to bigger fuel injectors and did you need to cut a hole in the wing at all? Anything else needed?

Would love to see this in the flesh - bring it along to a meet!

Great stuff, sounds like a whole lot of fun going on there :)

Did you change up to bigger fuel injectors and did you need to cut a hole in the wing at all? Anything else needed?

Would love to see this in the flesh - bring it along to a meet!

Yeah, bigger injectors I think - they came as part of the kit I bought. No hole in the wing but I am tempted to add one...I really like the look of them!

102.jpg

I'm going to try and get to a show this year but I'm at a flaming wedding for one of them! Not sure which...3rd July??

Fun isn't it? :grin:

It is indeed! Good luck with your sale - if it wasn't for me just wanting to drive mine, I'd have the water/meth kit off you!!!

OK, just a quick update as I now have the car back plus supercharger!! What a bit of kit!! Stealth managed to tease 296.5bhp out of it with 244.5 lb/ft of torque and it makes one hell of a difference!! I'll get some graphs up at some point but to be honest, I'm not too worried about what the numbers are....it's quick, makes me smile and I would recommend it to anybody!!

IMG_4672.jpg

The perceptive ones out there will notice the Schrick did not get fitted as the supercharger kit was piped and ready to go on a standard manifold. The Schrick is therefore up for sale (see below)

The remarkable thing is, it's completely usable!! OK, in first you can't bury your foot straight down (I tried this and there was muchos squeeling!) but get into 2nd and especially third and the thing just takes off!! I was slightly concerned that I was going to have a completely unusable car that was going to overheat, rip my tyres to bits and make hideous noises but it makes all the right noises, holds around 100 degrees (I haven't caned it yet) and goes like stink!!

I've now got for sale a few bits which are redundant after having it fitted so have a look....http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=92674#p1067663

She now needs a good wash and I'm going to try my hand at claying her next weekend maybe!!

Nice figures. Whats your full engine spec/mods?

I'm going to try and get to a show this year but I'm at a flaming wedding for one of them! Not sure which...3rd July??

Bristol VW Fest @ Easter Compton on the 12th June is close for you :) We have 16 on the stand so far :shock:

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=90634

Ah, that's the one I was thinking of. I'm in Birmingham for a wedding for that one. That's probably as close as they come for me too!

Nice figures. Whats your full engine spec/mods?

Standard other than Schimmel 263 cams and the supercharger kit. And a damn good service with new plugs, oil etc etc.

The only problem when you do these things is that you're teased by seeing what else is available when you pick your car up. On show at Stealth on Saturday was Greg's turbo conversion. They'd just taken it out for a spin with the traction control system fitted and by the smile on Greg's face, I think it worked quite well!!

So, next on the list, turbo!

On show at Stealth on Saturday was Greg's turbo conversion. They'd just taken it out for a spin with the traction control system fitted and by the smile on Greg's face, I think it worked quite well!!

Good difference there, S/C always look at home in the VR bay. Thats also good news about the TCS. :norty:

looking good :nuts: would love to stick one of these on mine too, you just need a bit of eye kandy in the form of a painted cam cover now :norty: got one spare if you fancy it!

Kip