20vturbo

corrado 20v turbo, finally finished

have the car booked in for a nct on the 12th of may so the big push is on now to get it finished

started with a standard center console

263.jpg

fitted my 3 stack gauges where the ashtray was

261.jpg

getting all the wiring sorted and making a start on the interior

264.jpg

fuse box in place, tried to get the wires as tidy as possible but corrado wiring isnt known for it neatness

262.jpg

both front seats in and the interior pretty much back together

265.jpg

Wow I thought this build thread had died ages ago. Nice to see it back on track. Keep up the good work this is one of my favorite build threads.

Alan

Wow I thought this build thread had died ages ago. Nice to see it back on track. Keep up the good work this is one of my favorite build threads.

Alan

between being in america and being in hospital at the end of last year i wasnt able to work on it for a long time but its booked in for a nct (irish version of the mot) on the 12th of may so it has to be all finished for that and then im driving it to a car show on the 27th of may, really really cant wait to properly drive it.

hi, what did you do about frames for the front seats? made or bought?

i used the evo runners which have a better ball bearing setup and made brackets to mount them.

new track rod ends

001.jpg

008.jpg

anti roll bar striped back to the metal

002.jpg

primed and painted

003.jpg

006.jpg

new powerflexed drop links

004.jpg

anti roll bar fitted

011.jpg

air filter fitted infront of the drivers wheel

010.jpg

made a new bracket for the washer bottle

012.jpg

washer bottle fitted in the car, kept it lower than standard to clear the bonnet lifter

013.jpg

washer jets fitted, wired and piped up

015.jpg

vibratechnics competion engine mount

017.jpg

new facet fan switch

018.jpg

2 new bosch horns

019.jpg

022.jpg

new front top mounts

024.jpg

proper pressed in INA bearings instead of the crap plastic ones

025.jpg

2 part polyurethane

026.jpg

filling the gap at the bottom of the top mounts with polyurethane to stop the problem of the rubber breaking down and the top mount coming up threw the hole in the suspension turret. should make the front end nice and sharp

027.jpg

029.jpg

the first few pieces of carbon fiber ive started doing, wrapped the handbrake handle and then a coat of lacquer to finish it

004-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

the car all loaded up and ready for tracking in fahys garage and a day with joe on the dyno. there was a few issues with the ecu during the first mapping session so it could only be mapped at 1.0 BAR. the car made 260BHP at 1.0BAR so still alot of power left to get, should be back in the next 2 weeks for the final map.

coilovers wound up to get the car on the dyno and for the nct

003-1.jpg

when it was on the dyno it pulled a stud out of the manifold so i changed all the studs in the manifold from m8 to m10 for more strenght.

all the holes drilled and tapped

007.jpg

drilled the holes in the turbo for the bigger studs

005.jpg

this is what happened to the gasket when the stud pulled out

006-1.jpg

so after over 4 years of work, i started when i was 15 and now im nearly 20 years old, the car is finally on the road. it flew through the nct ( irish version of the mot) and theres tax on the windscreen. i have been driving it for nearly the last month and i absolutly love it. it was 100% worth all the work and effort.

a pic from its first week on the road

123.jpg

one of the last big jobs on the car that ive been waiting to do for a long time

painting the wheels, started out like this.

125.jpg

sanded and ready for primer

126.jpg

a coat of primer

128.jpg

base coat

127.jpg

a coat of lacquer and back on the car, then i gave it a quick wash

131.jpg

135.jpg

a few pics i robbed off the internet from the limerick vw show

post-71066-1338153564.jpg

corrado.png

800.jpg

still a load of jobs to do and always something to improve so i wont actually be ever able to say its finished.

spot on you should be very proud of yourself, what wheels are those and are you using spacers

spot on you should be very proud of yourself, what wheels are those and are you using spacers

thanks, the wheels are 17" bbs rc's and im using 15mm spacers all round

Was hard to believe you were only 15 when you started this, top work young sir and awesome comitment :salute::salute:

PS. Prefer the RC's with the centre caps on :thumbleft:

Was hard to believe you were only 15 when you started this, top work young sir and awesome comitment :salute::salute:

PS. Prefer the RC's with the centre caps on :thumbleft:

if someone told me when i started it would take nearly 5 years i would have laughed at them, so happy its finally done,

i have a set of polished center caps for the rc's but i dont want to paint them so im waiting until i get another set.

Id forgotten about this lil gem. I guess you are pleased with it mate?

Are you heading over here to any shows? Im sure a few folk from this forum would love to see it.... :D

PS fancy doing another set of fancy top mounts?? ;)

if someone told me when i started it would take nearly 5 years i would have laughed at them, so happy its finally done,

i have a set of polished center caps for the rc's but i dont want to paint them so im waiting until i get another set.

I may have some discs and centres, will have a look

Id forgotten about this lil gem. I guess you are pleased with it mate?

Are you heading over here to any shows? Im sure a few folk from this forum would love to see it.... :D

PS fancy doing another set of fancy top mounts?? ;)

im very pleased with it, i just have to do all the fine tuning now like setting the stiffness of the coilovers.

i was going to go to inters but i couldnt make it so if anyone can recommend and good show worth going to maybe with a drag strip

id have no problem doing another set of top mounts, the only thing is they raise the front of the car about 20mm but its fine if you have coilovers because you can just wind them down.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

I may have some discs and centres, will have a look

ya thanks that would be great

What a build, makes me want to get mine finished asap, just wondering though what throttle cable did you use? and did you have a issues with the throttle body fouling on the bonnet?

Dave

im very pleased with it, i just have to do all the fine tuning now like setting the stiffness of the coilovers.

i was going to go to inters but i couldnt make it so if anyone can recommend and good show worth going to maybe with a drag strip

id have no problem doing another set of top mounts, the only thing is they raise the front of the car about 20mm but its fine if you have coilovers because you can just wind them down.

PM'd