20vturbo

corrado 20v turbo, finally finished

just finished fitting my lsd. it was so simple a 4 year old could have done it, so heres some pics

IMG_2290.jpg

IMG_2295.jpg

IMG_2308.jpg

IMG_2317.jpg

IMG_2319.jpg

IMG_2321.jpg

IMG_2327.jpg

IMG_2325.jpg

IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2340.jpg

IMG_2341.jpg

This is awesome, wish i had the time to do something like that, great job you're doing, and i say put some 17" RS on it !!

This is awesome, wish i had the time to do something like that, great job you're doing, and i say put some 17" RS on it !!

i wish i could but they wont fit over my brakes :( i need at least 400mm across the inside of the wheel

while i was waiting for my crank seal and water pump i decide to sit the engine in place and make a start on the exhaust.

IMG_2346.jpg

plenty of room for the exhaust

IMG_2343.jpg

from a few peices of 3" stainless pipe

IMG_2347.jpg

to this

IMG_2348.jpg

IMG_2349.jpg

got some pieces of stainless machined to fit over the 3" pipe so i could make joiners because i couldn't find anyone that does joiners for 3" exhaust

when i got them i cut the slots and holes so i could put a clamp on them

IMG_2364.jpg

i got a secondhand miltek box that had only been used for no more than 10 minutes

IMG_2362.jpg

IMG_2374.jpg

heres some pics of the finished exhaust i made

IMG_2366.jpg

IMG_2372.jpg

IMG_2371.jpg

IMG_2370.jpg

dont worry the cable ties arent permanent

everything on this car has been huge so im not suprised the brakes are..... what clour are you doing the wheels?

everything on this car has been huge so im not suprised the brakes are..... what clour are you doing the wheels?

im not sure yet, ill have to wait untill i get the actual wheels im using before i know what color to paint them.

Impressive but do you really need the rears that big?

nope, in fact the standard ones would have been more than enough but i want a challenge to see if i can get it to work properly and they do look unbelievably good. i admit it, im a brake whore :lol:

Fair enough. Going to have some sort of brakes bias adjuster I take it? Just seems an awful lot more unsprung weight for no real reason.

Fair enough. Going to have some sort of brakes bias adjuster I take it? Just seems an awful lot more unsprung weight for no real reason.

its actually not a heavier setup because the porsche calipers are alot lighter than the original ones so it probably works out roughly the same weight. ill run it first with just the original bias adjuster and if needs be ill put in and adjustable one.

unless you're planning on carrying stuff in the boot and/or people round all the time that's just too much for the rear - the original bias adjuster almost certainly won't dial enough out to have the car braking as it should.

they look lovely, but it's going to be too much for a rado considering how light they are on the rear end (no 4wd system, nobody ever sits in the back and hardly any overhang over the rear beam).

i'm sure you must know a friendly MOT tester who can get it on his brak rollers and tell you what the bias front to rear is. also before you do that, checkif that will damage the peloquin. afaik, peloquins/quaifes are fine to put on the brake rollers and it won't damage them unlike other types of lsd; but i would check that and get it in writing before you do...

that said, people on here have been after a solution to do away with the horrible nasty original rear bearings for a while and get an arrangement to fit a nicer sealed cartridge bearing that you press in.

if you could run something like 288's on the rear and 2-pots instead of 4, that would probably be a fair bit more realistic...

do tell what hubs etc you're running for that setup. also what does it do for the offset?

all the above said i'm not trying to criticise your work at all; the car is looking outstanding thus far and it's a real credit to you seeing the care/attention and time that you're putting in.

please do keep us all posted as it progresses :D :clap:

(also not tying to capitalise here, but i'm shortly going to be selling a set of evo 6 brembos. they have massive 4-pot fronts (much bigger than the ones you'll find on a leon) and 2-pot rears. they work perfect but have turned pink with age/heat. i'm only looking for circa £150 for all 4 calipers, so drop me a PM if you're interested. if not i'll sell them on the lancer register)

you have made some very good suggestions, i know its over kill but from day one i wanted huge brakes on the front and back, i wouldn't bother with two pots on the rear because it doesn't take any more effort to put four pots on and i really love the way it looks plus it will make the car stand out.

as for the front to rear bias im not going to do anything until the brakes are working anyways bias adjusters are cheap