Sign in to follow this  
glen

What car next after VR6???

Right I’m in the process of looking for a new motor, I have 5k - 6k to spend...

what I’ve been looking at so far:

Cars Concerns...

Honda civic type R - not sure about the small power band...

BMW 330ci - costs to run, and so many on the road...

Seat Leon cupra - bit of a family car looks wise

S3 - finding a decent one in my price range

4Motion golf - MPG & boring (a bit)

Have i missed any choices???

Argh decisions decisions…

:shrug:

Needs ok MPG, Reliable thats it really

would love a cupra r but just out of my price range...

Just found a few cupra R's from 5.5k - 6.5k

And a 04 focus st170 (lpg) would be very cheap to run and always liked them but i imagion quite a bit slower than the VR6?

At the upper end of your price range I would consider an older S2000, Elise S1, I also would like to own a TT mk4 Supra at some point.

late, drive by wire mk4 GTI and chip it, same engine and turbo as the 180 GTI AFAIK, should be good for best part of 200 bhp - money left over to sort the suspension?

I sold my 52 plate 330 CI Clubsport Coupe then got me a Corrado VR6, the 330 is lovely, but dull, definately slightly slower and yes there are too many of them around. I would also note that it is not a 'sports car' in the traditional sense, more of a coupe cruiser that does respond on the motorway, but feels too commercial down the twisties, and i always regretted the fact that it wasn't an E46 M3...!

Looking, As just had it for such a long time now and fancy a change... and have the money to buy something different.

Can’t spend the money on performance upgrades as its LPG converted and that limits the engine work.

Looking, As just had it for such a long time now and fancy a change... and have the money to buy something different.

Can’t spend the money on performance upgrades as its LPG converted and that limits the engine work.

Why not just spend £1500 tidying up the handling then. Replace bushes, coilovers etc etc

I have driven all the cars on you list and despite all of them being good cars in their own niches the Corrado is still the more characterful car all round.

Then save a bit more money and come back to us when you have 12k to spend then there are quite a few nice motors that are considerably better than the Corrado :norty:

already have konis... But does look like i need more money to replace the corrado

Prob spend some money on bodywork and have it mint for summer then look at the end of summer when i have more money!

for the money i still fancy one of these

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/859738.htm

s14a touring, all the toys, leather, plus it RWD and turbo. and you get money left over.

Where have al the 200sx's gone :confused4: You dont see any on the roads anymore. Great car. Hope they havent all gone to the great drift graveyard in the sky :salute:

I wish I had less expensive tastes (or more money)

Only car that would currently tempt me out the C would be thisindividual_experience_z4_coupe.jpg[/attachment:1u7bceew]

Or possibly a 968 club sport or 350Z altho I think the latter great car that it is will hit chav status before not too long :gag:

Well Ive had the Cupra R, S3 and 4motion and they all have there merits. Personally for the Q-car appeal, V6 and 4wd Id go for the 4motion everytime. The other two are very good at what they do but i feel they were a bit to clinical. S3 is ok but a bit dated inside. Cupra R is pretty much the same inside if a little cheaper. Mk4 Golf is such a great all rounder and you can pick up a 4mo for bugger all these days. Probably little enough to buy the car, get a remap and sort the suspension with a few quid left over.

The only thing that will tempt me away from my VR is this:

b12-alpina_2.jpg

I'd settle for 'just' the 850 CSI though ;)

On a more topic focused note - I really don't think many cars come up as well as a VR for speed, serious fun and the ability to cruise around and be as docile as you like. Especially not for the cash. Smiles per gallon..... can't beat em ;)

if i got rid of the corrado i think it would be for something along the lines of a A3 2.0 Tdi or LCR or something like that kinda idea!