Sign in to follow this  
steve@flexi

Black headlining!

I resprayed mine with fabric paint. Cost about £30 in paint. Is a reasonable finish, as long as you don't rub it, but then again how main people rub their headlining. If you have loads of spare cash then get it retrimmed, but to be honest given the cost try the respray first. I did everything, headlining, pillars, sunvisors etc for £50 all in.

I retrimmed my own headlining in black faux suede cost me about £30 in materials and about two hours to do 8) the headlining was already out of the car though. came out really well if i do say so myself . :grin:

yeah recovered my headlinning in black suede aswell, looks the business when done!!!!!

Went down to halfords and got a black interior spray, painted all the roof trim, sunvisors and switches.

used a pin to remove the paint covering over the switch illumination.

The sunroof edging trim was the only thing i had to go gentle with, too much paint and you get a cactus feel. :lol:

I'm going to have to attempt a mock up retrim of something unimportant - but I might give this a go.

Would be black alcantra for me though :)

Cheers for the help guys,

Bit of a scheme going on in my head as to whats happening with the C, i think the spray idea may just work well enough!

What did you use?

Vinyl spray by a guy on here - dgarwood. He has some for sale at the moment I think (just made up a anew black batch)...

Retrimmed mine and the pillars just took a while and patience but worth it in the end.

but seem photo of jmc sprayed and looks good. so both options can produce good results, suppose which ever you think you would like the best

Just thought I'd add that retrimming doesnt cost the earth if done yourself. Mine worked out very respectable :D

Where can you buy the stuff to retrim the headlining

does anybody who has done this then suffered with catching of the new sunroof panel trim on the roof when opening the sunroof

Cheers

Woody

hi m8 vw did do a black roof lining but very very very very rare only c that had this was the campaign it was a special edithan model there are pics of one these corrados on cars for sale just so you can se one with the black. blokes name is ugly guy .best place to find one german ebay ive seen one or two on there in the last 24months