Sign in to follow this  
stormseeker

bmw lights - try audi A4 lights

Very very nice indeed ...they suit the C as well

I'd like to ask him a few questions like; do they leak? ...Do they work as good as they do on the A4? ...& where did you get that 'proper bo' bumper :)

They look nice :)

Dunno about just bending an odd bit of plastic into the 'shape' of the lense though, as it won't actually do anything, unlike the lense in the standard light. Looks nice though ;)

Thera

['H3R4POR]They look nice :)

Dunno about just bending an odd bit of plastic into the 'shape' of the lense though, as it won't actually do anything, unlike the lense in the standard light. Looks nice though ;)

Thera

Doesn't need to act as a "lens" - the HID lights have their own inbuilt, it's just a cover to keep the crap off...

Very very nice indeed ...they suit the C as well

I'd like to ask him a few questions like; do they leak? ...Do they work as good as they do on the A4? ...& where did you get that 'proper bo' bumper :)

I reckon he's zarman on this very forum....

Doesn't need to act as a "lens" - the HID lights have their own inbuilt, it's just a cover to keep the crap off...

ahhhh, I see, they're clever chaps these germans :mad:

I really like it, but doesn't he say the indicators are the outermost lights in the audi unit leaving the bumper indicators redundant? Could use the space for brake cooling i guess.

looks very nice these and the bmw lights modernise the somewhat 'dated' head lights on the otherwise beautiful perfect corrado!!!

it wouldn't be the housing that would bother me, it'd be the lense/cover that would be tricky IMO, trying to get it to look like it came with it, and wasn't built in ya shed.

I'm in two minds.....on one hand it looks excellent and very well made, but on the other hand it's not in keeping with the Corrados slab front end. Your attention is drawn to the lights and not the front of the car as a whole.

Rather than making a plastic lense to fit the box, why not make a box to fit the Corrado glass? And then you can use the HID main beam :? Otherwise what's the point?

K

cant imagine it looks so good up close when you see the clear lense on the front,pretty clever bloke mind.

Ive always loved the look of Corrado/Jetta/Rallye lights in stock form imo

I'm in two minds.....on one hand it looks excellent and very well made, but on the other hand it's not in keeping with the Corrados slab front end. Your attention is drawn to the lights and not the front of the car as a whole.

Rather than making a plastic lense to fit the box, why not make a box to fit the Corrado glass? And then you can use the HID main beam :? Otherwise what's the point?

K

You wouldn't have to change anything to fit the C's lense on, as he uses the "stock Corrado bezel", so they would fit straight in. Its just, if the Audi lights have built in lenses, then the light would pass through two sets of lenses, which wouldn't work

['H3R4POR]Induction intake would be more useful :evil:

Yep sounds good 8)

see my avatar :wink:

intercooler cooling as well :roll:

yep thats ahn, aka zarman from over here in Toronto (about 40 minutes from me) nice car... although i'm not particularily fond of the lights (dont suit the lines) or M5 bumpers he's doing now (dont suit the lines and this isnt a bimmer) ahn is a really smart guy, and he's always coming up with interesting projects! (search around for the gauges he's done.. now that shit is class)

['H3R4POR]Induction intake would be more useful :evil:

Yep sounds good 8)

see my avatar :wink:

intercooler cooling as well :roll:

you've stolen my idea, and some how gone back in time and implemented it to your own means :twisted:

Hi mates, well I see a discussion being made on my headlights. They are a lot of work to do and you need to trim the rad cover to fit them far back enough. The back of the light almost touches the carbon cannister!

I can't really mass produce these. You bet I would like to but it's nearly impossible to mass produce unless a big company who has the resource and money to do like FK or Inpro *wink*

The lighting is simply amazing. I would say it's better then using HID on the stock headlights. These E-code Audi lights have a nice peripheral span so the beam is wide. While I was driving from Toronto to Chicago almost in total darkness, people said they can tell my lights from other cars with HID. The Corrado lights especially the US/Canadaian spec are very very poor and dangerous even.

It took months to complete the lights since so much fabrication had to be done. Oh yes, my stock turns are now dummies as the signal light is in the headlight. Not sure if i'll do anything to the turns or leave them. Anyhow, it's a new trick to do if you have the drive.

I updated the FAQ link with some new pictures.

:wink: