Sign in to follow this  
Valerian

DIN slot depth

Well....i treated myself to a nice DVD player a while back and today thought seeing as i already had most of the dash panels removed that i would fit the head unit.

Nothing is ever that simple though is it?

The head unit i have is much bigger (front to back) than my last headunit and will not go in the slot all the way.

Only way i can see of making it fit is to permanently remove the centre vent duct behind the dash and cut off the small metal upright at the back of the stereo slot.....pffffft.

Has anyone else come across this problem or have any other ideas other than chopping away at the centre air ducting?

I hate having to take my hu out - it's always a complete PITA to get back in, plenty of knuckly-skin removal!

It's usually easier if you take the glove box and the seedo surround out so you can get at both sides to feed the cables through while pushing the unit back in.

Having said that.....the glove box is a right :censored: to get in and out as well.

I hate having to take my hu out - it's always a complete PITA to get back in, plenty of knuckly-skin removal!

It's usually easier if you take the glove box and the seedo surround out so you can get at both sides to feed the cables through while pushing the unit back in.

Having said that.....the glove box is a right :censored: to get in and out as well.

I'll have to remember this, i really don't know how they fit all those wires in there.

You should get away with just bending/ cutting off the metal tab at the back of the HU slot.

It's the heater vent duct that's in the way.

I could unbolt the duct and take it out but i don't fancy having hot air blasting away behind the dash. That's not going to do my stereo much good me thinks.

I think i'll have to see if i can get a facia plate and put up with the head unit sticking out a little.

I'll have to remember this, i really don't know how they fit all those wires in there.

Not sure about early interiors but if you remove the shelf underneath the glove box (held on by 5 screws) there's enough room to get your arm behind the centre console and reach the back of the headunit, there's not much room but there is enough to feed cables about when you push the headunit in.