Sign in to follow this  
Riley

Wiring from fag lighter area, whats this plug? - SORTED

I can't remember what this plug is (Red arrow)

It comes from the same area as the fag lighter wiring, and it leads up to the glove box light i think, it has the same colours anyway....black/yellow and brown. see red arrow. Its quite long, as if it runs somewhere further away than the fag lighter.

The white arroow is the fag lighter plug.

Anyone know what it is? Just can't bloody remember! :?

g60192091.jpg

Cheers, Neil.

Nah none of those two mate :) The heater panel lighting is the typical grey/blue coloured wiring which is well over to the left of the above pic.

I fr|ggin forgot to get you a pic of the heater resistor pack too Simon...But if you find the plug on the bottom of the heater fan/box, well thats the resistor pack. If you push the top clip upwards, the pack will lift out.

Neil.

Anyone know what the red arrowed plug above is? Its propper bugging me like :lol:

Simon...

Blue = heater box.

Red arrow = heater resistor pack. Basically where the plug for the fan motor goes.

simonradoforum.jpg

No worries mate...

Yeah, it runs up, then splits into two (the black/yellow) it runs to the glove box light positive, and also runs the opposite way to the fuse box. Its not auxillary gauge lighting for if you have the vdo dials is it? Just seems weird that i really can't remember what it is :?

Neil.

Nah, it must be someting that becomes live with 'ignition on' as thats what the glove box light does iirc, and its the same wire if you know what i mean.

Neil.

Bump, gonna try nip up to the unit in my dinner and want to show this connector/wire who's boss! Any idea's anyone?

Neil.

Nah, that gets its feed from the bulb holder touching the actual fag lighter surround.

C'mon lads, who's gonna get it? :lol:

Seriously though, i dont want one silly connector holding up putting the dash back in!

i've got to take mine apart again soon as when i had it off i forgot to plug the wire in to light up the heater controls :lol:

i've have a look for wires when i do that.

Ahhh, thats a blue/grey wired plug right next to the heater speed switch. 8)

Cheers mate, would be good if you could have a look for me. It comes out of the same sleeving as the fag lighter wiring (white 3 pin plug)

Neil.

only other thing i can think of on mine is the little light strip between the heater controls and the ashtray, which i assume corrados have too . . . but that wouldnt make sense with it being ignition live.

Aha! That show it right there mater, spot on! :D

The other BK/Y which runs from the glove box wiring, it goes to a volt gauge! My guess of auxillary gauges was correctamondo :D :lol:

Cheers mate, i knew i didn't recognise it/remember unplugging it!

Neil.

Aha! That show it right there mater, spot on! :D

The other BK/Y which runs from the glove box wiring, it goes to a volt gauge! My guess of auxillary gauges was correctamondo :D :lol:

Cheers mate, i knew i didn't recognise it/remember unplugging it!

Neil.

You are indeed correct. I replaced my heater matrix just over a week ago and also came across that spare plug.

I knew it wasn't used because i carefully labelled everything else.

If i'de spotted this thread sooner you would have known sooner.