Sign in to follow this  
raddo_tom

moment of honesty!

I THINK I'M GOING TO BANKRUPT MYSELF SORTING OUT THIS 60!

Drives like a dream.... needs a bit of body work.... But f**k me i didn't expect to find these problems!

The reason for this http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... 19&t=77549 is it seems the loom behind the dash has been butchered just to get a sterio live! (no heated rear screen, butchered and sacrificed for the sterio)

The reason for this http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... 15&t=77564

is self explanitory.... Guessing it was not noticed during the engine swap.... But i will have to replace ALL of the belts as the've had power steering fluid chucked allover them!

On top of those problems.

I can't find the ABS light (the facia is there but the loom bulb light backing is missing)

There are spacers gasket glued to the discs! (could be the cause of the abs problems hence removal of the light)

Find me a hole to crawl in and die......

I need motivation! All I can think of is.....

I love the colour and she looks great on the rm's!

DSC00520.jpg

DSC00521.jpg

I think the reality is, that you can't expect any less when buying a G60 for £1000 (or whatever you paid) :(

You'd have to be VERY lucky to get one that doesn't need a fair bit of work for that amount really, sometimes it can seem like a cheap car but in the long run you'd be better off buying an 'expensive' one to begin with that hasn't got as many tales to tell. One things for sure though, once you've got all the niggles sorted out you'll have a nice grin on your face :)

woah woah woah

Hold a minute!

Sorry your having issues, but pretty much everything you have said recently you were made aware of when you bought the car!!!

I told you the heated screen wasnt working and the igntion live had been tapped into to put one to the stereo as i was fed up with it loosing all settings when the car was turned off.

The power steering pump was attached when the engine was changed and while i was driving the car, and you obviously didnt see it was off when you were looking underneath.

The loom for the ABS light IS there, it was disconnected to stop the light being on all the time.

The spacers are not glued to the hubs, all they have ever had is a small bit of copper slip to hold them in place while the wheels were put back on.

As for one of your comments of 'a few years of neglect' i actually found this quite insulting! - i had spent a hell of a lot of money on the car since i had it, yes it may not have been the tidiest car around but it was my daily drive for almost the whole time i owned. As with most things, a few temporary fixes became more permanant than i would of liked, but neglect?

woah woah woah

Hello mate, thought I recognised the car....

I've done a bit of work on this car in the past when I'e been around to help Andy out, and although as Andy has said it's not the tidiest, I didn't think it was too bad a car, and I remember the spacers being covered in copperslip while we had fun refitting the wheels.

Anyway. /2p

I'm not bitching at you fella. Or saying anything bad about you in any way shape or form...

I'm sorry you took offence to "a few years of neglect" but i meant it in it's whole life not just your ownership.

I know you spent money on it I know old dubs are the Heather Mills McCartney of the automotive world :lol:

I was just having a rant as i'm feeling the "oh for F**k sake another old dub" after spending a few quid getting my valver sorted i'm used to... well not having to do anything. lol

Mate don't take offence! Sold as seen! lol. I've not mentioned your name nor will I! I aint complaining about you. Just the "oh for f**k sake another old dub" blues.

As for one of your comments of 'a few years of neglect' i actually found this quite insulting! - i had spent a hell of a lot of money on the car since i had it, yes it may not have been the tidiest car around but it was my daily drive for almost the whole time i owned. As with most things, a few temporary fixes became more permanant than i would of liked, but neglect?

I've edited my thread fella. Honestly didn't mean to insult you, Think it's the joys of text, You can't add personality or explain further. lol

I totally feel your pain!!! bought a valver with blown head gasket (was told battery, alternator and starter was duff hence no start, f***in a***hole). spent a fortune renewing engine, had about 2-3 months of fun and water pump died and fried the head gasket, cue new engine then cue oil filter housing spilling all its contents on the road... another engine, 5 mins after new engine again problems... the engine had a huge crack in the head between cylinders, so again new engine... runs fine for a month, then battery and alternator die at the same time... and thats not half of it

all i can say is at least yours is running!!! but you cannot beat the feeling that split second whilst it is running fine!!!

feeling your pain there! OUCH! at least mine is all easy fixes! I guess there is nothing quite like a new toy comedown to initiate the old vw blues. lol did you ditch the valver in the end?

Yep! i got it running pretty much 100% and sold it, it was in fact running soo well i was tempted to keep it but i wanted more power. glad i sold it now though as i now have a VR6 to have fun with! 100% standard so its a nice clean slate. would stick with it though, yours doesn't have too much to do and you'll be loving it once its done.

True the charger noise is something else! The guy that had it before me put a stonking engine in it! I really flys!

all i can say is at least yours is running!!! but you cannot beat the feeling that split second whilst it is running fine!!!

I have two with problems now.. the 16v didn't miss a beat on the run down to the garage where it is being stored despite running like a bag of bizz previously. But when it was good it was very good thats why i'm keeping it.