Sign in to follow this  
_leon_

rocker cover with schrick

Schrick ones fit fine. Well, in as much as they don't foul the rocker cover. They foul the underside of the bonnet instead..

it can happen with both Leon, i've got a VT mount on mine and it still scraped a bit even after vince did his hack job on the inside of the bonnet so the clearance needed needs to be checked carefully.

I guess you've still got the metal one you were going to sell right? if you dont plan to use it based on this thread I was probably going to ask to take it off you! let me know when's good for the shelf as well!

cheers

John

it can happen with both Leon, i've got a VT mount on mine and it still scraped a bit even after vince did his hack job on the inside of the bonnet so the clearance needed needs to be checked carefully.

I guess you've still got the metal one you were going to sell right? if you dont plan to use it based on this thread I was probably going to ask to take it off you! let me know when's good for the shelf as well!

cheers

John

Ok no biggie. How do you like it after its been fitted?

Yeah still got that one - sure you're welcome to it! We should meet up then and swap over the shelf/rocker!

It seems to me that not all Schrick manifolds are the same size, maybe they've changed the casting at some time? I had to cut loads out of the bonnet to make it fit, plus one of the headers comes really close to the slam panel and that's with VT mounts fitted. I was looking at it with Goldie one day and his is nowhere near as close, maybe my car's shorter but everything lines up!