Sign in to follow this  
Topaz2008

How much current causes Battery Drain?

Having suffered from a flat battery on more than one occasion I decided to try and get to the bottom of it. I placed a meter in line with the battery and measured 0.6A load with everthing off. Is this about right or do I have an electrical issue?

That's high.

The only original Corrado item that draws currently constantly is the clock in the MFA.

Stereo memory and Alarm current draw etc are the likely culprits and not forgetting of course, our old friend the boot light. Check the light isn't staying on when you close the boot.

As it 0.6A will drain a 56ah battery in about 3.5 to 4 days.

Yowser, 0.6A is a lot. Most Corrados seem to pull about 0.05 - 0.09 A constantly, killing the battery in about three weeks. Love to know what causes that. Can't just be the clock ...

I will have to carry out further investigations.

The car is fitted with a toad alarm / immobilizer system and a normal Sony CD multi changer (non of that fancy ICE big amps etc) apart from that the wiring is standard. Thinking about it the boot may have been ajar, so the boot light may have been on. The cars in store at the moment so I will investigate further next time I am down there.

Been working on the car today and did a test (this time with the boot shut!). 40ma with everything off. Seams low to me what do you all think?

Been working on the car today and did a test (this time with the boot shut!). 40ma with everything off. Seams low to me what do you all think?

40ma will drain your battery in about 2 months, so that's not a lot at all, no.

Yes it was the boot light I had shut the boot but the latch had not clicked shut. It was the last job of the day and I was probably in a hurry.