Sign in to follow this  
corrado_sunderland

what intercooler for the g60 t?

what intercooler for me g60 t :S im buying my new one this weekend as it payday friday, it cant be too huge as it will make it laffy and dont want it too small, i have a slim radiator as my car originally had air-con, so i imagine 60mm me max thickness as anything more pushing it to fit ya think? i was 2.5" ends and dont wanna spend more that 100 quid. Ebay full of soo many i confused now so iw ant people to post up there suggestions and recomendations?

I fitted a landrover TD5 intercooler, big enough and fits a treat without any cutting. Might want to look at the Merc sprinter one too, or perhaps a universal fit :shrug:

I fitted a landrover TD5 intercooler, big enough and fits a treat without any cutting. Might want to look at the Merc sprinter one too, or perhaps a universal fit :shrug:

the td5 cooler seems to have ports pointing bk towards engine, it would have to be long enough for clearing rad

It is mate, thats why I went for it. I picked one up for £30 and haven't had to chop any of the front of my car off fitting it. It seems to be the perfect fit, wide enough to clear the rad and thin enough to fit in the space.

It is mate, thats why I went for it. I picked one up for £30 and haven't had to chop any of the front of my car off fitting it. It seems to be the perfect fit, wide enough to clear the rad and thin enough to fit in the space.

how thick and long is it matey as i reakon i could find a univeral one similar

My mate has a sprinter one in his mk2 from memory seems not too thick might be worth a look cause you may get one quite cheap

got any pics?

:)

curious is all.

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC00946.JPG[/attachment:1qm4zl3m]

DSC00956.JPG[/attachment:1qm4zl3m]

These are a couple of pics, it's fairly slim, about 40mm I think :shrug:

I know it's thin enough to fit between the rad and slam panel without chopping anything off :grin:

I cant remember how long the rad is, I'll nip out in the morning and measure it if you need to, Yer the whole front end unbolts, takes about 20-30 minutes to get bumper, slam panel and lights etc off.

To be honest anything will fit, it just depends how much you want to chop off the front of your car. I'm not sure how much room you'll have as I have a normal, non air con rad so I perhaps had less room :shrug:

it's not so much lag, but you'll lose a bit of "punch" if the intercooler is too big as your then filling a bigger space, the ebay on looks like it'll work too though.

With it been on a turbo though you will get a quicker turbo spool because there is less resistance.

it's not so much lag, but you'll lose a bit of "punch" if the intercooler is too big as your then filling a bigger space, the ebay on looks like it'll work too though.

ya reakon the ebay jobby wil be ok size like

Well effin buy it then. :lol:

You got 1 week to get it finished and down to the pod next weekend.

just gettin it tnite and theres not a hope in hell of her been finished in a week, im training almost every morning too for a grappling tournament im entering in june so very busy doin both at the mo :norty: