Sign in to follow this  
le hubs

G60 Engine in a 16V

I was after abit of info please.

My 16v Corrado is running terribly a the minute and im pretty sure the engine is on its way out. I was just wondering if a G60 engine will fit?

Thank you

But you will need to do/get the following:

complete g60 wiring loom from fusebox to engine bay

remove the brake servo to get to the wiring loom entry point into the interior (pain in the arse of a job)

g60 driveshafts

g60 brakes

engine and all ancils, charger etc

G60 PAS pump, brackets and plumbing

Intercooler and pipework

G60 CAT/CAT bypass along with a different downpipe (standard valver one is different)

G60 ECU

G60 dash clocks, the vacuum sensor on the back for the MFA is of a higher pressure and is matched to the sensor on the clocks printed circuit board.

G60 radiator and all the cooling hoses

You can still run a 16v fuel delivery system (it's better suited even as it is a higher pressure pump) but you will need to adapt the existing k-jet fuel lines.

Apart from that its a doddle :)

But you will need to do/get the following:

complete g60 wiring loom from fusebox to engine bay

remove the brake servo to get to the wiring loom entry point into the interior (pain in the arse of a job)

g60 driveshafts

g60 brakes

engine and all ancils, charger etc

G60 PAS pump, brackets and plumbing

Intercooler and pipework

G60 CAT/CAT bypass along with a different downpipe (standard valver one is different)

G60 ECU

G60 dash clocks, the vacuum sensor on the back for the MFA is of a higher pressure and is matched to the sensor on the clocks printed circuit board.

G60 radiator and all the cooling hoses

You can still run a 16v fuel delivery system (it's better suited even as it is a higher pressure pump) but you will need to adapt the existing k-jet fuel lines.

Apart from that its a doddle :)

hahaha doddle ledgend!

ok i'm out of my comfort zone here so i may be wrong but i think the abf engine can be run on your existing electronics and has similar power output to a standard g60.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be along to confirm or deny.

failing that just by a g60. :)

ABF will slot in with no problems, all you need is the block and head, all other ancilliaries will come off the old 1.8 16v engine. Same applies for the 2.0l 9a out of a later Corrado, though it's worth swapping the KR cams over to this engine to get the best out of it