Sign in to follow this  
corrado_sunderland

HELP, turbo clearance issues :(:(:(

the turbo is on at the moment just roughly placed, i looked at the first part of the exhaust fitting and it NOWHERE near close to fitting :(

the back engine mount is fowling massively, i can only get the first 90 degree bend on on the two and im woundering what the hell i can do.

A) squash the two pieces to merry hell once welded together to try and squeeze them in

B) say a magical verse and hope this problem just goes away

C) take engine mount away somehow

how importannt it the back engine mount :confused4:

I've just fitted a T4s inside my engine bay and have no issue problems,mine's a 2.0 9A turbo though.

The only way your gonna get the exhaust bends in are turning the turbo the other way,inlet on the

brake servo side,you'll still have to make a few bends and a 76mm down pipe if done wrong will foul

the steering rack or if your using a .63 or bigger exhaust housing will also kiss the ABS pump's heat shield :(

Looking at the exaust 90 degree bend in your picture i reckon you could also extend it so it goes around the

engine mount-LOTZ of fabricating involved...

Don't froget to fit a flexi joint in the middle,very important :D

I forgot to mention that you can buy tight 90 degree bends off Demon Tweeks,that's how i got my corrado's downpipe to fit,even so,it's still a tite bastid fit!.

I've just fitted a T4s inside my engine bay and have no issue problems,mine's a 2.0 9A turbo though.

The only way your gonna get the exhaust bends in are turning the turbo the other way,inlet on the

brake servo side,you'll still have to make a few bends and a 76mm down pipe if done wrong will foul

the steering rack or if your using a .63 or bigger exhaust housing will also kiss the ABS pump's heat shield :(

Looking at the exaust 90 degree bend in your picture i reckon you could also extend it so it goes around the

engine mount-LOTZ of fabricating involved...

Don't froget to fit a flexi joint in the middle,very important :D

I forgot to mention that you can buy tight 90 degree bends off Demon Tweeks,that's how i got my corrado's downpipe to fit,even so,it's still a tite bastid fit!.

the turbo cant go the other way, the outlet would sit on the inlet manifold its impossible and it cant go around the mount theres no room at all, even if i did turn it other way and got it to clear the turbo would be on the sticking up side so would be rite up there and the actuator would fowl anyway, if i really have to ill make me own mount but it just really pissin me off now, if u knew the 8v's were such a fuck on to turbo i would of crossflowed it, ill try and see if i can get the manifold to sit a different way but by looks of it i gunna have to scrap thw whole rubber mount set up and make a solid bar mount which will sit alot lower as the rubber mount gone :bad-words: startin to get on me tits now like

and i got the tighest 90 deg bends ya can buy from net that y they two pieces welded together

could you not flip the manifold round so by the looks of things the turbo would sit a little higher an at more of an angle , bringigin the turbo up enough to give you the space to clear the engine mount but not fowl the inlet manifold ?

cheers ian

could you not flip the manifold round so by the looks of things the turbo would sit a little higher an at more of an angle , bringigin the turbo up enough to give you the space to clear the engine mount but not fowl the inlet manifold ?

cheers ian

the manifold offset so if i flip it over itll sit closer to mount side and higher up as flange set that way :( . where theres a will theres a way but it just anoyin like, the whole job would be so much better if it would go other way, i gunna re-check to see if it will as it would love it to go tha way anyway for air intake but i almost postive itll foul ill try all the different combos wit possitions etc. And i could even butcher the inlet and tilt it more upwards i spose to make it fit, hmmmmmmmmmmm let see ey, id rather cut and weld ally that fabricate a whole new mount

another idea would be to use an angled spacer or adapter plate between the turbo an manifold so the turbo sits a little higher and more level if you get what i mean ?????

I was going to post up earlier but i cant help really, mine is not just pipe bends, its a bugger to get on and off though i know that much, takes a good couple of hours to get it back on, i have to thread it up from the bottom twisting and forcing it around all the crap thats in the way, but the route you are trying to take is where mine goes.

Try to find some pictures of Andy Waites white Mk1 Golf engine bay, look at how the pipes have been cut and welded many times to form a really tight radius.

i tink i have a cunning plan, if i run the pipe sharp left toward block then down, it hopefully will clear easy and get under car easy :) , hope it works, that way i can even grind the mount if i have to and it away from bolt on bit 8)