Sign in to follow this  
timg60

Lost the love...

It really hurts. Took the corrado off the road and put her under a car porch 6 months ago, Stopped coming on here. And havnt picked up a single vw mag as well. Just needed to save some money and stop spending on her.

Have been driving around in a M reg Citreon zx volcane deisel that I run on used chip fat. (saving about 120 notes a month on fuel......). :clap:

For the first couple of weeks it was really hard, could walk past the c without wishing I was driving her instead. Now I dont even look at her.

Did today for the first time in weeks, She is covered in crapo and just looking awful. :help:

But I just havnt got the incentive to start working on her again :help: :help: :help:

I feel like I have let her down. But so much needs doing. I did say I wouldnt put her back on the road till I could afford to give her paint and sort out all the little niggle things that need doing, Rusty batt tray etc. leather needs looking at.

But summers coming and my insurace needs renewing again. What a conundrum. I cant really afford to run 2 cars but dont want to let the c rust away. Couldnt bear to sell her either....................

HELP

A confirmed corrado addict...

it can be quite easy to lose the love im afraid, after three years of trying i have officially lost the love for one of mine and its slowly getting broken up for parts. gutted to be doing it tbh but there really is no other option for it.

however not a massive blow as i have two others to keep me smiling :clap:

ive youve got the patience then get it sorted, too many are being broken at the moment and i dont like that ive added myself to that statistic..

stick with it, theres light at the end of the tunnel...

WOULDNT BREAK HER EVER..

Thats one desicion I have made after a few days of wrangling...

Just need some motavation. :sleeping:

WOULDNT BREAK HER EVER..

Thats one desicion I have made after a few days of wrangling...

Just need some motavation. :sleeping:

i promised that i would never break mine either...

pull your finger out and get your rado recommissioned, you wont regret it..

feeling your pain... mine came off the road august 2007 and hasn't turned a wheel (other than being towed to our new house) since... :(

Driving a Passat estate diesel every day is keeping the fuel costs down, but is sooooooo goddam boring... I need to get the 'rado fixed and back on the road, but I know that I'll just end up spending more money and time on it that I simply don't have at the moment... but I also don't want to leave her there on our drive to rot... :brickwall:

feeling your pain... mine came off the road august 2007 and hasn't turned a wheel (other than being towed to our new house) since... :(

Driving a Passat estate diesel every day is keeping the fuel costs down, but is sooooooo goddam boring... I need to get the 'rado fixed and back on the road, but I know that I'll just end up spending more money and time on it that I simply don't have at the moment... but I also don't want to leave her there on our drive to rot... :brickwall:

Thats exactly where I am am..

Am going to get a few things done on her over the next couple of weeks...........

Treat her to a professional valet and pre mot her and see where I am.

Then see if I can find some really cheap insurance for the oil burner to use as a daily and see if I can get the insurance down on the C and just use her on sunny days/weekends...

Don't pay for a professional valet - do it yourself spend all day and feel the love :luvlove:

Force yourself to fix something tiny even if it is just a stonechip and you'll start feeling a sense of achievement then gradually build up to bigger jobs.

Lastly stick a sign in the window saying 'NOT FOR SALE' in case you get tempted.

Kate

identical situation to me and my corrado, bought a pasat diesel, better for the commute but no power and no fun!

My advice wouldbe to really get stuck back into the corrado - spend the long summer eves tinkering with bits and pieces like rust and stripping the interior and sorting problems with a plan to get it on the road for either late summer or next all sparkling with all the niggles sorted :clap:

Just bought a whole new sound system that will involve me taking the interior out. Good idea as that is one of the things that is bugging me.

I WILL SORT OUT THE RATTLES

I WILL GET THE DRIVERS SEAT REPAIRED

I WILL GET ALL THE LIGHTS ON THE DASH WORKING AGAIN

I WILL RECCONECT THE BOOST GAUGE AND DDI'S

I WILL CLEAN THE CARPETS

I WILL SORT THE SUNROOF

I WILL FEED THE LEATHER

Got myself a new mantra..

I say 'have a car weekend', invite all your mates, or invite people from here to come and help and start your motivation again. You might have to provide a few refreshments but if the motivation returns then it was worth it.

And, yes, I am happy to help - car cleaning, leather restoring - mechanical stuff I personally leave to Vince.

I've just fallen in love again (just dont tell the missus!)

I had lost the love. Niggling things not right. Rattles. Crap paint. Too much like hard work/not enough time/cash. Long list of issues and never getting near the end of it. Something newer would be easier, better.

I have spent loads of time over winter mulling over the big exit issue - what to replace it with on a sensible budget that is not boring to drive, quick enough, interesting enough, economical enough and is not in tax band F (or whatever is the silly one under the new taxation system). Nearly bought a TT (couldn't face it in the end - just seemed a bit like a step down in a way (after all, people actually know what it is!)). Come to the conclusion that a mint low milage Corrado VR6 was the answer, but it would need to have leather & aircon (like the one I have) as I would not want to do without it now. The thing is, I already have a Corrado VR6, so why bother, and at least I know whats wrong with this one,

My holiday year at work runs from April to end of March, so I was using up a few days holiday last week and finally decided to grapple the ongoing heater blower issue as it had deteriated to the point that I had no blower at all and some nights it can get quite cold in there! Anyway, after 2 days of sorting out these and a number of other issues around the cabin I am now officially in love with the silly lump of metal again! Everything in the interior (inc the things that have never worked properly since I bought it) now work perfectly. The seats are hot, the aircon cold, no rattles, blower works perfectly on all settings, the broken centre of the dash which had a spare sitting on the side for 2 years is perfect, no rattles (I have to repeat this as I am still in shock). It has suddenly stopped feeling so old and loose. I havn't been so into this car since I had it. It's just getting something started and accomplished, to make it your own. I'm going to keep it now and I think I'll overhaul the head/chains this summer (in a perverse way, I'm kind of looking forward to it). That will then only leave the paint...

:)

Spend a day or 2 sorting out bits on the car. Make a party/meet/BBQ of it. Give it a drive. Remeber what its all about again. Fall in love again. The easy/practical path is often not the most rewarding - or as Clarkson beautifully put it "you don't choose your wife because she is easy to wipe down"

Well after getting the g60 back on the road after lots of work (again) the love lasted all of a few days...Things started breaking again, radiator/power steering pump, another popped tyre which im sure someone has done.

Ive feel like ive totally had it with cars all together tbh, the enthusiasm has just gone...the motors, the meets, even the show im part of running is all seeming so uninteresting all of a sudden. :( Considering selling the g60 and buying a form of transport instead of an old modified motor.

Really feel like ive had enough of it all.

Well after getting the g60 back on the road after lots of work (again) the love lasted all of a few days...Things started breaking again, radiator/power steering pump, another popped tyre which im sure someone has done.

Ive feel like ive totally had it with cars all together tbh, the enthusiasm has just gone...the motors, the meets, even the show im part of running is all seeming so uninteresting all of a sudden. :( Considering selling the g60 and buying a form of transport instead of an old modified motor.

Really feel like ive had enough of it all.

TBH I am really worried about this. I have started her every week for the last 4 months and she runs great but other than moving the wheels a quarter turn to make sure the tires dont break I havnt driven her.....

Would be really worried that something will break :(

I lost the love for my old 306 s16 when the main bottom end bearings went, would have been a quick and not too expensive fix but as time went on it just sat there doin nothin being unloved, then it started to rust and so i decided on a full strip down rebuild, started but lost the love and well 7 years on its sat rustin away with now chance of gettin on the road again, gotta get things sorted when they go wrong boys otherwise nothing happens and as time goes on more and more things need doin and then it just gets left to rot

SO GET IT DONE BOYS AND DON'T LET ANOTHER RADO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

team talk over :lol:

put it for sale. If you realize you still like the car too much to sell, withdraw. Else let it go and buy a less problematic one when funds allow. When it becomes a burden it's IMO better to sell and get one that's had a better life. My 2p

Im currently letting mine rot as the saying goes, but i do still love it and thats the problem, but i dont love it for been a Corrado that nobody knows what it is or its special or all that nonsense, i just love the way it drives so raw and unrefined, just how a proper performance car should be.