MonkeyVR6

Neuspeed fan switch and low temp thermostat

I'm thinking of purchasing two products from Awesome GTi, they are as follows:

Neuspeed 180 Degree 3 Pole Fan Switch

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.ph ... 87&xSec=86

and

Neuspeed 4 Cyl 180 Degree Thermostat

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.ph ... 88&xSec=86

Has anyone else got these in their car, or a similar setup they'd recommend? The days are getting hotter, so for a few quid I'm rather keen on getting these unless anyone has had real nightmares with the above.

Thanks. :D

So no-one has these in their Corrado? :? I would have thought that considering how hot a VR6 can get, peeps would have this setup?!

The standard fan switch / stat should cool the VR6 adequately unless you've tuned it or got Forced Inducation mate..?

I think the general consensus is that they shouldn't be needed, as Jim says if your standard parts are working as they should there should be no need to make the car run cooler. If your car is running hotter than it should, then there'll be a reason for that which should be addressed, rather than just using a lower temp stat/switch.

I wouldn't fancy my engine running cooler than its supposed to, surly it would cause excess ware and tare?

^ Exactly, never seen the point of these unless you have drastically changed something on the car to affect who the cooling system works... be interesting to see what Awesome think they actually achieve.

The engine and in particular the fuel management is based round sensor values which change with temperature, the original system is designed to get the car warmed up as quickly as possible and then run at around 90 degrees.

I am still worried by slightly high temperatures, or maybe its just be being paranoid.

Not changed the coolant since winter and I notice it sometimes goes up to the next line above the middle one (:gag:) in heavy traffic.

My oil temp seems to always be between 106 - 110 with normal driving, sometimes up to 112. I'm using 5w/40 fully synthetic. Ok, I know its summer (mid-20 degrees most days here at the moment), so things run a bit hotter...but surely not that much?

How much is the normal stat from VW? My local dealer quoted me around £20+. Is this correct (seems high just for a stat), or is it worth getting one from GSF? btw, Ford quoted me £38, and the chap was adamant that this was JUST for the stat and not the housing...